GoT Season 5 (warning: Spoilers)

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 12, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

who watched? Thoughts?

Spoilers will be in this.

We got to see Maggy the Frog visit by Cersei (should have been 2 girls with Cersei, not 1 btw) and I guess this scene was just to reaffirm that a. Cersei Lannister has always been a cunt,
    b. a reminder of the prophecies which have all come true save the younger woman one which has started though. No Valonqar which was troubling.

You get to see the rift between Jaime and Cersei grow, and it seems everyone except Cersei seems to show empathy for others.

Sansa and Littlefinger, and Robert Aryn, yawn for now.

The Wall was perfectly executed, down to Jon putting Mance out of his misery. Kit does a great job of portraying Jon Snow.

Dany is still hot but Jhiqui is the real hot one. You feel the pain at locking the dragons away from the finale in S04E10 the dragons are now pissed, being they've been locked away and Drogon is still loose. This part is going to get interesting with the fighting put discussion still going on and Dhario being in favor of the pits being reopened.

Tyrion is told by Varys he still has a role to play and exposes his intention to back Dany.

I thought it was good for the small time they have to put so much in, but I still find myself disagreeing with what's taken out and being added.

I just wish Martin would get off his fat ass and finish writing the series before we both die.

titoabad1 likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Just wait. Every single admirable GRM character shows some evil trait. Every single GRM villain shows moments of compassion. Cersei is such a bitch that you just know she will develop a heart of gold soon, probably right before she is killed . . . Because GRM kills off every character that you begin to get comfortable with.

Huge bore. We are supposed to forget and underestimate her.

Dany is still the hottest one, Arya is still the clever, resourceful one, and Sansa is still the vapid, dim, weak, and boring one. She is probably going to become the majestic heroine soon. One of these three will surely die unexpectedly.

"I was not referring to you, Jamie. Tyrion is the son of Tywin." -- Genna Lannister, Tywins sister.

Meaning that Tyron despite his physical limitations, is actually far smarter and more ruthless than Jamie.

But the possibility exists that his father was Aerys Targaryen, which would make him a candidate for the prophesied savior of Westeros. And it might explain Tywin's hatred of him.

Don't hold your breath. he has already given the outline of the complete story to the TV producers in case he dies. They also plan to use it if he fails to publish the next book in time. So the series is likely to get ahead of the books next year.

3. LaSalleAve

I felt bad for Cersei when she was about to give nightshade to Tommen thinking Stannis was about to storm the keep. But that's about it.

4. red55

You need one of these.

[​IMG]

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's one toilet seat I think the ladies would want you to leave up.

6. LaSalleAve

So episodes 2-4 have leaked online, and I couldnt help myself. I downloaded them. And for someone who has read the books, I wonder if the writers of this show have. I turned off episode 3 halfway through in disgust.

I'm not going to give any of it away but for those that have read the books Sansa's arc complety changed, Jamie's arc completely changed, Brienne's arc, completely changed. I don't know if I'm going to continue watching after what they have done. It's ridiculous.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The writers also said they will be killing off major characters that will spoil the books a bit...

8. red55

I'll reserve judgment. The changes the screenwriters have made so far have been pretty good. The books go off on tangents unrelated to the main stories and make it a confusing read. GR Martin rambles on and wanders around a lot in his storytelling and could have used a good editor, in my opinion. The first 5 books could have been 3 much better books. Combining some minor characters and eliminating a ton of superfluous characters make the story hum along nicely on TV.

9. LaSalleAve

They aren't very good writers. I understand clipping things and cutting things out. I get certain aspects why things have to be taken out but these dudes are rewriting the whole thing. Wait until you see what they are doing with Sansa, and hell Jamie for that matter.

You fucks need to hurry up and watch so I'll have someone to talk to about this. I have a theory but it's not going to make any sense for a few weeks unless Yall clip some bootlegs.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  10. red55

I'm not a pirate.