GoT Season 5 (warning: Spoilers)

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 12, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It does suck for Bronn. He is by far the most likable character in the series. Should have known he'd be toast as soon as I started to like him.

That's an interesting theory, and it's definitely not out of the question, but the writers may just be trolling fans.

2. LaSalleAve

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Can I just say that I HATE the story arc of the religious fanatics in King's Landing? I know it's needed for conflict, but it just irritates me that they are evidently more powerful than even the king. I know Tommen's a pussy who doesn't like violence, but didn't he learn anything from Tywin or Joffery? For him to just sit there in silence and watching as they carted off his queen, the woman that he lost his virginity to, without saying one word just seems unrealistic to me. He even had his King's Guard in the room ready to defend Majorie, yet he held them back. I call bullshit.

Is this how the arc played out in the book as well or has the show passed passed the books?

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Not far off... This perfectly illustrates the power of religion in the Seven Kingdoms and why the Targaryens disbanded the Faith Militant.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

He also had his mother in the room who he is afraid of (for good reason). That trumped everything.

6. fanatic

Not sure why he's afraid of his mother. Joffery wasn't. I know he's not Joffery by a long shot, but he had to see what he could get away with as the King. It almost makes me miss the little bastard because he would not have stood for any of that. I get that Tommen's young and not ready for the crown, but come on? It was just hard for me to believe that he would let them do that to Majorie. If he has any sack at all, he'll gather the King's Guard and City Watch, march to wherever they're keeping her and either a) give them one chance to release her and Loris or b) slaughter them all and release them himself.

7. fanatic

Poor Sansa.. I would have rather her give it up to Little finger than for her to have it taken by Ramsey. Still, it will serve to fuel her hate that much more. I actually think Theon may grow part of his sack back and attack Ramsey for hurting someone who he's loved as a sister.

As for the weddig itself, how was Sansa able to wed Ramsey when she's still technically married to Tyrion?

8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

They never consummated their marriage. Automatic annulment.

9. LaSalleAve

That part kind of. But the Loras part no. They really did Loras a disservice in this show. He is a whiney butt pirate in the show, nothing more, in the books he is a bad ass that just happens to fuck dudes.

10. LaSalleAve

Plus it wasn't done in front of the old gods. That's big to northern folk.