Gotta feel for Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

No...that's called cocky. Swagga is when you back it up. Swagga is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKVvILygXY&feature=related]YouTube - Les Miles Press Conference[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNm67CoMHM4&feature=related]YouTube - Les Miles 1/2 Time at Tennessee[/ame]

Swagga is going for it on 4th down 5 times in a game against UF, and making it every time.

Playing dress up for an emotional edge...and having it backfire on you...that ain't swagga. How'd it work for MSU? VT? UGA? It's hype...not swagga.

1 person likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Are we talking about Miles or Spurrier? I'm confused...

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Saban's players always delivered; in fact, still do.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Pot stirrin sumbitch. :lol:

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

If Miles does it on purpose, he's dumber than I thought. What a great way to represent a team, a school, and a state than to sound like a total buffoon on purpose. Thankfully, I believe he is just that way... a bad public speaker. He always has been.

No evidence proposed will matter to you, even if it is empirical, concrete, unwaivering, undeniable, or if Jesus himself came down here and told us.

One of the reasons, and you probably don't care about this either, is that LSU was in the dumps, a guy we all hate now came in and rebuilt LSU basically from the ground up, putting us on an upswing with better records, honors, facilities, players, etc. This guy left LSU in its prime for so-called greener pastures.

Miles steps in and is given a loaded gun. After '07 and an NC, LSU appears to be on the down swing.

When Richt got to UGA, he took over for a guy who had been fired and whose last three seasons was 9-3, 8-4 and 8-4 with having UGA finish in the top 10 only once.

Richt gets there and goes 8-4, 13-1, 11-3, 10-2, etc. having UGA finishing in the top 10 5 times.

The guy he replaced was so-so, and Richt took over and built on that, which may be why people in UGA don't put as much pressure on him like people here do on Miles.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Richt was battling Florida and Tennessee in the east. Miles' main competition in the West was from Auburn and Alabama (and maybe Arkansas). That might have an effect on how people think, since I guess most people would say the East was stronger during that time.

Yes, you were. The topic is "You gotta feel for Miles..." This whole thread is centered around Miles' success vs. Richt's and how it isn't fair that Miles is treated as his inferior.

Not sure why you bring up Miles' only SECC and him beating Richt last year to bolster anything, when Richt's second SECC came after beating Miles in 2005.

I'm not a miserable person, but it is pretty miserable watching this offense, wouldn't you agree? Of course you do, but will you admit it? Unless someone is full of alcohol, no one can honestly say they enjoy watching this offense. No one, unless you are the opposing team.

You knew exactly what this thread would do.

Me too, but it won't be long before you start to join in on the Miles' bashing. It's only a matter of time. He's an offensive guy will a totally inept offense that keeps getting worse.

You could say both, if you really wanted.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

well, to be fair, most of the media has been pretty sure that Richt is done after this year.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Plenty of heat for Richt's seat. New AD, 1 and 3, comes home from his 3rd in a row sec beat down to find another player in trouble with the law, that's 10 arrest since MARCH, if you're keeping score. His team better get real good, real fast cause his stock is dropping faster than a Mallet for Heisman campaign.

8. LSUTiga

2005: 10-3-0
    2006: 9-4-0
    2007: 11-2-0
    2008: 10-3-0
    2009: 8-5-0

But but who would want to coach at UGA if those numbers don't cut it? :hihi:

So Fish, you see, Miles actually is getting a lot more slack than Richt.

9. LSUTiga

He cancelled the Oregon or Oregon St. home and home series already. Pretty obvious he doesn't have the balls the last one did.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

didn't say i agreed with the move.
    just pointing out that it's looking probable that he'll be canned