Gotta feel for Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah I got that. Just throwing that out to all our fans who play the same card. Before someone says "NC" lemme say, Fulmer, Coker... doesn't entitle them to run a program into the ground. They can't all be Saban's.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Are you seriously asking if I would admit this offense sucks? You're making my point about you seem pretty solid. You don't notice me bitching about the offense, because I'm in step with you on that. You only notice me "defending" Miles...because that's NOT in step with you.

No I didn't. But I should have. I should've known you and yours would see this as a Miles defending post from the pumper known as Fishhead. You only have one point of view, and are incapable of seeing things any way but yours. Like I said, when we share a point of view, such as "This offense sucks", I'm not a pumper. But if I have a different opinion than you on something else, I'm a sunshine pumper. Got it.

Perhaps I should've titled it "Gotta feel for Miles...:lol:", because that's exactly what I was doing when I thought of it.

I'm not much of a coach basher. Hell, I didn't even bash Dinardo. I bitched from time to time just like I currently do with Miles...and have done so this week on this forum. Also, I'm smart enough to put two and two together. I know when the problem started with the offense. I know every one of the circumstances surrounding it. I know that, in 2007, when we were still running Jimbo's system, the offense set school records. When we went to Crowton's system...the downward spiral began.

I do. Except Spurrier has been at it longer...long enough for me to see he can do no better. Miles...he may prove that to me one day too. Spurrier did a couple of years ago. And again last year. And likely again this year. He's already on his way. Talk to me after the UF game, and I may tell you Miles is on his way to. Talk to me at the end of the season and I can give you a much more definitive answer.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

"Gotta feel for Miles"

OK, here's the thing about this statement. And follow me on this analogy.

Tony Heyward was the CEO of BP. He was paid an exorbitant amount of money, both in pay and perks, to be the head of the company. It was a company that had, by all accounts, a very good overall safety record. Then the Gulf spill happened. Heyward suddenly came under a gigantic microsocpe, because of both real and perceived issues with his handling of the spill. Heyward was hauled before Congress to be browbeaten by political opportunists. He's been excoriated by the media and remains public enemy #1 to many Louisianians.

Was Tony Heyward directly responsible for the Deepwater Horizon blowout? Probably not. Did he have direct knowledge about shortcuts being taken? Maybe, maybe not. Was the blowout really the fault of contractors BP does business with that Heyward had no personal dealings with whatsoever? Maybe, maybe not. Were some of his statements and actions blown completely out of proportion by an antagonistic media and hyper-sensitive spill victims? You can argue either way.

Who's shedding a tear for Tony Heyward? Is Heyward out there publicly blaming BP underlings for what happened? Or suggesting that the people unhappy with him have no right to be because they didn't make the coffee or some such unintelligible BS? No. Why? Because he's the man in charge. If the ship goes down, he's ultimately responsible, and he was paid extremely well to take on that responsibility. He can't be both handsomely paid to be the man and be excused for failures.

Les Miles is the CEO of this team, in more ways than one. We can blame problems on coordinators, players, luck, or spoiled fans with skewed perceptions. None of that matters in the end, because Les is ultimately responsible for W's, L's, and championships. Taking the heat is part of the job, whether it's fair or unfair, and he gets paid big $$$ to put up with it.

So it does bother me to an extent if I think people treat Miles unfairly. But I won't lose any sleep over it, because Les gets paid a hell of a lot of money to keep fans, rational and irrational alike, happy.

4. LSUTiga

[​IMG]

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Not sure I get your point. Is that a better or worse record than Miles over the same time period? Just curious.

You guys keep talking about Richt being on a hot seat, but apparently I get a different ESPN up here in Chi town. Only today did I hear something about Richt before they said something about Les.

Hell, this morning, David Pollack said in reference to the Heisman race that Peterson won't be in contention because LSU isn't winning. WTF??

1 person likes this.
  6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I guess the motor in his brain stopped running.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

Want a sig quote? We didn't win the UNC game, they lost it.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

My heart breaks for Les Miles..............

Like Cajun Punk said, he gets paid
    I'm sorry. I just don't care if he is being treated "unfairly". Now, if it gets to the point to where he and his family are being harassed, then I will feel sorry for the man. Long-time, diehard fans have been priced out of Tiger Stadium to maintain a top-tier program. That's his responsibility.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree. If you think I'm losing sleep over people hating on Miles, you're wrong sir.

Listen, this is how it went down. I'm watching a show...actually doing paperwork with the TV on in the background...and they start talking about Miles being on the hot seat, better get the offense going, etc...

Then about 10 minutes later, they talk about UGA, and the sentiment is young QB, they're gonna improve, blah blah blah...but nothing about him on any hot seat. That's not to say I HAVEN'T heard it. But hell, just recently...and Miles has been on the hot seat since mid 2008. I literally laughed wondering what Miles would be thinking if he were watching this show...which I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have been doing. But I thought it to be funny considering. Miles 4-0 (2-0), Richt 1-3 (0-3). That's a funny thought to me.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I find myself laughing at the TV when he's on it quite often. He's a tool.