Gotta feel for Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

No, you used the term "miserable phuck" to demean me and allude to the idea that I'm just a hater and someone who is always unhappy (why else use a term like this?). This term is thrown around here by the likes of douche bag extraordinaires, TheDude and SabanFan. On TF, "miserable" carries anti-LSU connotations ("You are one miserable guy, aren't you? Go root for Bama.").

To go along with your insult and in an effort to flip the tables, I admitted that it is "miserable" to watch this offense. I also implied that you won't even use the word, which, I guess, is because you would relinquish your pumper card.

So, it's okay for you to call other people "miserable phucks." But you aren't one because you just say the offense sucks.

Yeah, okay.

I don't think I've insulted you (one of my favorite posters from the other side) like that, which is why I made an issue of it.

I list you as a pumper because you always seem to post that you aren't one, yet you post a "poor Ol' Miles" thread. So, even when you say that this offense sucks, I still classify you as a pumper, but more like a recovering pumper who is seeing the light.

You guys are like recovering steroid abusers. Sure, at first, it worked. You got strong and won a championship, but now after a while of realizing its not a smart drug, you're just now realizing your nuts are shriveled up. I am the guy with a mirror trying to get you to see your backne, but you won't have it... yet. Before long, you'll realize it was fun while it's lasted, but it's time for it to end.

Of course, comparing Miles to steroids is too much of a compliment, as ridiculous of an allegory it is to begin with. :hihi:

The entire tone of your post had nothing lolish about it. It seemed very, "It's not fair... Richt is more of a doodie head."

Wait. So in '07, Crowton was winning with Jimbo's offense, but Miles wasn't winning with Saban's players? Even if he did, if Crowton had a mobile, RP-type QB to run his offense, do you think he would still be as unsuccessful?

I'm no Spurrier fan, but wouldn't you agree he hasn't exactly had the talent Miles has had? USCe is the Ole Miss of the East - perennial runners up (if that).

We'll see. I just don't see how this offense will improve between now and then when, more than likely, nothing will change.

3 people like this.
  2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The media is going to treat Miles like he's the football equivalent of Dubya for all the reasons given above. Let them run their mouths. If Miles wins 10 games and gets us to a BCS bowl again, watch how quickly they'll drop the subject like a hot potato. Hell, if he does that this year all of a sudden the spin will be what a phenomenal job Miles did with no QB. There's very little intellectual integrity there, so it's not worth getting worked up about. Sure they can rile up disgruntled fans, but chances are those people already want Miles gone.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

No it was used to describe you. And it is dead accurate. Stings don't it?
    So glad you are coming to grips with a reality we all know.
    Hey scooter, "clean up on aisle 4". Get used to it. I have a feeling you will hear it for a long time. :rofl:
    Ahh I see. You can characterize anyone negatively but nobody can characterize you. The logic of a 3 yr-old. Well done.:wink:

He isn't because he is able to express happiness in addition to displeasure. You are only able to express displeasure. But this concept will go right over the head of a 3 yr old.

:rofl:
    Sounds like you have some firsthand experience with that. I am sure there are support groups. You don't have to come clean on a football forum.

Yes actually that's true, and Crowton admitted that in interviews. Perhaps you were still crappin your huggies and couldn't read yet. And you thinking that players 3 yrs removed from a coach still "belong" to him show what a complete retard you are. But since it's established you have the thought processes of a 3 yr old, perhaps retard is harsh. I'll just call you "special" from now on.

Well now that is a "pumper" attitude. One that acknowledges mistakes and improvements, and is willing to pass judgement after a season. Miserable phucks like yourself do not say "we'll see". They already know this is the end and look for every opportunity to trumpet the end of the world.

How cute.:rofl:

4. CajunPunk

You try way, way too hard... and fail way, way too easy.

And I didn't think pumper was a personal, demeaning insult like "miserable phuck." Some people around here parade their pumping nature.

Meh.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

Yeah reading through your drivel can be difficult at times, but I manage. Thanks for your concern though. :thumb:
    Clean up on aisle 4...
    Because you use it as a term of endearment? Right...
    One of the nicer things that can be said about you.
    You talking about parading? That's rich.

You just get a little cuter every day. :rofl:

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

well said

Les is doing a amazing job without having a QB

Had one quit on him

One turned into a maybe WR

One is playing baseball

One is waiting to throw a completion

One is waiting not to throw a int

7. CajunPunk

I always knew you were a homo.

8. TheDude

Right on cue :rofl:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

No, you're right. I shouldn't have called you a miserable phuck. That was too harsh. I agree with you a lot. That's just it though. You don't call me out as a pumper when I agree with you, but I start a simple thread like this and you claim I'm constantly defending Miles.

And The Dude doesn't need to come to my defense. I shouldn't have called you that. But he did bring up some valid points.

You are the self professed "Resident Realist", but you don't ever seem to post about any positive topic. Sound like the resident pessimist to me. And you know good and well I've had my share of complaints about the offense, the defense in '08, the Co-DCs, etc...and have laid plenty of it at Miles' feet. We've both been on here for years. Hell, just look at my current sig. It's been there since last year when I...yes...I, Fishhead, was being slammed for saying anything negative about anything. There are pumpers, there are 'negatigers', but MOST people just see things the way they are one piece at a time. Most of us can be excited about the defense, the special teams, PP, Nevis, TGBFTL, etc...and still realize the offense sucks and needs to be addressed...by MILES. I wish we had a chat room now. I'd love for you to be in there during the game and see my posts. I was livid the other night during the game. I was livid when he did whatever the hell he did with JL coming in...then not...whatever the hell that was. I was singling HIM out.

This thread isn't about defending Miles. Your complete and total pessimism has you blinded that you can't even see anything but 'your side'...or the opposite of 'your side'.

Just because everything I post isn't gloom and doom doesn't mean I don't see and recognize the issues this team has. I'm not stupid. The offense sucks. Bad. Talent is being wasted. It will most likely cost LSU games if it isn't addressed or doesn't improve. I do lay most of the offensive woes at Crowton's feet. But yes, Miles could do any number of things to address it, and needs to soon.

The immediate thing he could do is take over the playcalling duties. That way, if it fails still, it's on him. Some people like to say he's in Crowton's way, but I don't buy it. The only positive thing the offense currently does has Miles' fingerprints all over it. If it was the only negative thing, I would blame Miles 100%, but it isn't. It's the only POSITIVE thing about the offense. Crowton is Miles' issue though. He MUST deal with it...but probably would be wise to wait until after this season. I wished like hell he would've done it after LAST season, but he didn't. Maybe he could've and chose not to, maybe his hands were tied by Alleva. I don't know. But he has to do it this year.

Miles has blame to accept for the way the QB situation has worked out. I don't blame him for Perrilloux, because I think he did the best he could there. He had to let him go, and if anything, waited too long to do it. But he did it when he had to. Since, it's been a cluster...and it's on Miles.

Oh, and to answer this question...

Dennis Dixon.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

He recruited the quitter when hardly anyone else was.

The one that turned into a WR was going to be a WR wherever he went. I don't blame Miles for Shepard not being the QB. I credit him for snagging Shepard.

He recruited the baseball millionaire knowing it was a strong possibility he'd be a baseball millionaire before ever suiting up in P&G.

He recruited the one waiting to throw a completion AND the one waiting to not throw an INT.

He hired the guy that can't coach those two up.

The QB sitch is now his. After Perrilloux was booted, I gave him a pass for 2008...and 2009...because not much else should've been expected. But Perrilloux wasn't ever gonna play for LSU in 2010. There should be a good QB on the team. Now.