Gotta feel for Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

The reason Richt gets more of a pass is he has a sweet tan and knows how to charm people in interviews.

The problem with Les is perception.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

In large part, I agree with this. Richt is slick. He does cool things like star in movies and jump off a high dive to pump his team up, which propels them to a 1-3 record and winless in the SEC 1/4 thru the season.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Maybe I should have been more clear. When it comes to Miles, it seems like you are always defending him, not that in everything you post you are defending him, you know what I mean? That's how I see it. I know you've been down on Crowton and the offense and JJ and whomever else, but when it comes to Miles, you seem more defensive.

And me calling someone a pumper on here is an equivalent to calling someone a goof or something. I don't see it as harsh. Besides, while I see it as being like "goof," LSUpride123 proudly admits to being a pumper. Big difference to me between "goof" and "phuck."

You are right. To me, these past few years of LSU football have been disappointing, and I can get down in the mouth. BUT, even in my skepticism with Chavis, he is slowly and surely shutting me up (I just wish Miles/Crowton could do the same). I have posted several times that the defense is playing impressive and that the ST are the most impressive ST I have ever seen.

You don't have to explain this to me. I know you are frustrated, and you have voiced your concerns, but maybe it was the way this thread came across, it seemed like a Miles defending thread. Even lsutiga got in on it, the bastid.

I am pessimistic about Miles because of the last 3 years. Have you seen any improvement on the offensive side of the ball that make you optimistic?

Ridley has been pretty solid, but even still, I don't think we've faced a very tough defense up to this point.

Say what you want about me, but I would like to see this too. This way, we would know what's up and who has the more effective philosophy. But even if this were to happen, we would never be told he is taking it over.

I'll say this about Miles. I think he is stubborn and very, very pro-run. That being said, that has been the only positive thing about this offense, and I'm glad we have that.

I don't either. Things like that happen and I thought he handled the situation the best he could. However, 3 years later, there still is no solution, and that's a problem a coach making that much money shouldn't have for this long.

In another thread, we discussed that Miles went out and got Crowton because his offense favored the RP-style QB. If this is the case, what was Miles' plan for when RP left? Both JJ and JL seem to be pro-style QBs that would never have worked out for Crowton anyway. It just seems to fall on Miles' shoulders for not thinking this through or for not recruiting QBs that can play in Crowton's scheme. Something's been amiss.

But you know that I think this way, so I'll stop beating that drum... for now. :wink:

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Again, we've all been on this forum for several years. If you haven't figured that bastid out by now, I don't what to say. He's just pouring jet fuel on it to get the topic going...the bastid.

Yes I have. The running game. Miles was saying RIGHT after the season last year that we are gonna run the football. He preached it again in the spring, and continued to do so during the fall camp. And we have run the ball. How many yards/points did Malzhan's offense put up against MSU? I mean seriously...they squeeked by MSU, and we controlled MSU from start to finish. But yet LSU is picked to lose to AU by most...including most Tiger fans. :rolleye33:

That's what bugs me sometimes. Miles said exactly what LSU was gonna do. They did it...and are doing it...well, I might add. And people are so hesitant to give him any credit for it. But if something negative is happening, Katie bar the door.

This is where I differ from a LOT of fans...obviously including you. I couldn't possibly care less what I, as a fan, am 'told' about the program by a coach. They call it coach speak for a reason. EVERY coach is full of crap when it comes to talking about his team. Who cares what he says?? I do not.

Yep. The only good thing about the offense was HIS idea...not GCs.

See my follow up post above.

A couple of things strike me here. How do we know that's why Miles went after Crowton? Maybe it is, but we don't know that. I tend to agree it was though.

And why go after JJ and Lee? Maybe the plan was to have Crowton during the RP 'era', and then get rid of his arse. I have no inside knowledge, but I don't believe Crowton and Miles are buddies. It's why I believe Miles wanted to get rid of him after the '09 season, but Alleva wouldn't let him.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I've seen this before but inside knowledge doesn't flow to Katy very well. How much fact is there to back this up? Just wondering how real it is.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I have no inside knowledge. I have no idea. I said earlier in the thread I have no inside knowledge of the workings of the program. It's not a thought that originated with me though. I've heard it for a while, and it makes sense. I started hearing it before the Cap One embarrasment...and I've heard it umpteen times since. Just seems logical. He wasn't hesitant to dump Malveto. The offense is as much of a fail the last two 2+ years as Malveto was for one season.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That was just my pet theory. I could be 100% wrong on that. Given the type of offense Crowton runs and how it runs counter to the smash-mouth style that Les likes, it made sense to me if you're pinning all your hopes on RP being the QB of the future for the LSU program. Like Dennis Dixon, he was made to run that kind of offense.

And there's the hole in that theory. :hihi:
    Who knows, Crowton has coached pocket QBs before, maybe Les figured he would be more adaptable than what he's shown himself to be. But I agree with your assessment of their relationship. There have just been too many rumors of infighting between the two, and then the come-to-Jesus meeting between Les and Alleva in the offseason, that there seems to be a whole lot of smoke if there isn't a fire.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The general consensus from opposing fans, media, whoever else you want to throw into the mix is that LSU is winning in spite of Miles.

I have a friend who is a Florida Gator alum born in Louisiana (he likes LSU actually) who always tells me please don't fire Miles. As long as he is there, we will always beat you guys.

A lot of people say, "oh I think he's a nice guy" but at the same time they also say he is a bumbling idiot.

It is what it is. He's brought all of that on himself and capped it all off with the Ole Miss game last year. He'll never live that down. And deservedly so.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So what? LSU is winning.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The opening post was great. Just about everything after that was crap.

Pssst...Brett: Cajun Punk = LSU-SIU