Gotta feel for Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah, i feel so bad for a guy who makes 4 million a year and is the head coach of LSU.

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Let's trade coaches with GA and watch them win a championship or two while we go back to the Curly days.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'd take him in a second. If Miles had a Georgia Tech to recruit against in-state we'd be in a completely different set.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Would you trade the seasons we're having with Georgia, too? How about our team winning the SEC and selling their championship rings?

The grass is always greener...

5. LSUTiga

The grass wasn't so green after Georgia ran up and down our field hanging 52 on our asses. Remember that other ass-pounding he gave Miles in the SECG? Richt owns Miles.

For anyone to say they wouldn't take him based on his record, go look at Miles' record before he came to LSU. Using that for a basis Richt is light years ahead of him right off the bat.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So, to what do you attribute Richt's collosal failure as a coach this year (that started, in earnest, last year)? For that matter, UGA was pretty bad Stafford's freshman year, too, worse than LSU under Jarrett Lee.

Do you think that UGA team from '08 would do anything against our defense this year?

Miles has played Richt twice, is 1 and 2, and yet, is owned by Richt?

1 person likes this.
  7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Gang, Im a big time road warrior and with the economy and cut backs Im "warrior'ing" much more than I should these days. What I hear on sirius and in other media throughout the south is far more about Richt. I was in Georgia last week for several days and the pot banging was unreal. Was in Tennessee a few days, nothing about Miles. Was in South Carolina, only a couple tibits about LSU. Same thing in Mississippi, nothing about Miles and everything about Nutt. Almost every discussion that concerns LSU is about the inept offense and QB. There is very little talk about Miles being on the hot seat.

If you limit your sports exposure to Louisiana and Tiger"Fan" (damn, hard to get used to the new name!) you are not getting a true picture of regional and national media/fan hype. Richt is talked about more and considered on the hot seat to a much greater extent. Richt has a lot of player discipline issues that exacerbate his problems. There is really no comparison, Richt in a landslide everywhere outside Louisiana.

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wow. You are not thinking clearly. The SECCG game was the 11th in a row without a break after Katrina, I believe. If you would take Richt, who has destroyed the Ga program over Miles, I can't help you.

9. LSUTiga

You've been around coaching/coaches enough to know you can't put up the big numbers year-after-year and it's not an indicator of ability always. Miles just gives us plenty of things we can put our fingers on to show that it is- as I've done since fans would/could throw out the "He won a National Title."

Add 'em up big boy. I'll be glad to help you. Little tip, there's only a two game difference over the same span. Irony is, so many will use Miles' "numbers" to defend him; yet turn around and claim another coach with similar ones to be a colossal failure. Like vball used to say, can't have it both ways.

Mark Richt
    2005: 10-3-0
    2006: 9-4-0
    2007: 11-2-0
    2008: 10-3-0
    2009: 8-5-0

Miles
    2005: 11-2-0
    2006: 11-2-0
    2007: 12-2-0
    2008: 8-5-0
    2009: 9-4-0

Stacey, if anything Miles' show more of a pattern of running something aground, no? Guess we'll know more after this year.

I didn't even mention SOS. You all familiar with UGA's OOC scheduling compared to ours?

10. LSUTiga

Shyt, I hate to kick a man while he's down but I guess I should mention it. These ain't no Tulane's and be dam if we had two "legit" teams on our OOC much less THREE like they did last year.

2005:
    Boise St.
    Georgia Tech

2006:
    Colorado
    Georgia Tech

2007:
    Oklahoma St.
    Georgia Tech

2008:
    Arizona St.
    Georgia Tech

2009:
    Oklahoma St.
    Arizona St.
    Georgia Tech

Okay, I'm done, someone pick that sum beyotch up now.