Government Services - Less or More?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Perhaps a little smiley would have helped.. :yelwink2:

Na man, I don't have a personal beef with you. I choose your discussions because you usually thoroughly back up your points. As far as personal criticizing, maybe some of the thoughts conveyed get lost in the setting of text on a forum, but I can assure you none of what I post is personal. I do the same to LaSalle, but only because I know he digs it.

As I thought you'd know mine. It just seemed a little more aggressive than normal, even for you. And I wasn't putting you down personally, or at least it wasn't my intention. I didn't call you any names like others have done here. I'm not the only sensitive one, it would seem.

That's just it.. You say you're here to argue politics. I'm here to discuss them. Maybe it's a potato/potatoe thing.. :D However I wasn't arguing anything, just stating my opinion to a question asked. You didn't hurt my feelings, I've been around here long enough to know how things are here, and I think if you'll look back I've been rational with you when you make a good point (or one that strikes me as a good point). I'm not completely hard-headed.

Na, no feelings were hurt on this end. And no need to remain silent. If I have to have a thick skin in here, then certainly you do too. It just seemed that in the context of the conversation that LaSalle and I were having, that "get serious!" stuff seemed a bit condescending. If you say I was mistaken in your "tone", then I'll gladly accept that. No need to clam up, by all means continue. But as you know now, I tend to reflect what I interpret. If I think someone's being a prick, I will gladly return the favor. If I mistook what the intention of your post was, then I suppose that was on me.

Bottom line is, I don't have any personal issues with you. I actually rather enjoy the discussions we've had here, even if we disagree. I guess it seemed that in light of the heated posts that have been going around in this forum, especially as of late, I thought you were replying out of pure reflex rather than engaging in discussion. If I was mistaken, then my bad.

Tell ya what. When football season rolls around, let me know when you're on campus tailgating. I often stop in at the TK's setup, or at 327's spot. We can hook up and have a "beer summit". ;)

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i wanna be there for that!

now everyone kiss and make up. :D

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I tailgate directly on your route from the parade ground to the stadium. Okie knows the way.

You're going to be the only one kissed, darlin'. That guy looks like an ape.

4. Swerved

Heh... and I always thought that was one of my better photos. :thumb:

5. OkieTigerTK

y'all name the game, i'll make sure he gets there!:thumb:

6. OkieTigerTK

it really is a good likeness. :D

7. Swerved

You're too kind, m'lady. :yelwink2:

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

it's funny how most that don't agree on this forum completely agree in the Den.

1 person likes this.
  9. Swerved

Well, above all else we are Tiger fans.. :geauxtige

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Amen