Government Shutdown: Who's to blame?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Who's to blame for the looming government shutdown?

1. Dems

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. GOP

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. The White House

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Tea Partiers

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Media

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The system won't let mods vote, but the poll has no button marked both parties, which is my pick.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Can't just narrow it down to one group.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Surprised you would say that since Paul Ryan, who is supported by the tea party, Is the only politician in Washington to actually come up with a plan to reduce the federal budget in a meaningful way.

4. mobius481

By the way, I vote all of the above, except the media of course.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I disagree that it was meaningful. More like blindly slashing things like that crazy furniture dude from Lafayette with the wild arm that goes in a circle slashes his prices. Damn I can't think of his name.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont see how both parties are to blame. The Dems should have passed a bill last year...

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That is total bullsh!t. The Tea Partiers are regular Americans who are sick and tired of big government and out of control spending and want something done about it. I am one and we are not fking simpletons. Neither are we economists and deficit control experts. We elect people to get it done. If they won't or can't, we'll toss their asses and bring in another bunch. I cannot tell you how insulting your high and mighty characterization is.

As for LaSAalle blaming tea partiers for the pending shutdown? Well, I always suspected he was dumb as a post and now he's confirmed it for me.

As Red says, the blame lies with both Houses and just about every fat ass filling a seat in there.

8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

everyone is to blame. There is no solution. Let it burn!!!

9. mobius481

More meaningful than anything anyone else including Obama has given us. No one will step up and cut the programs because it's suicide. If you, or the politicians that you feel best represent you, have a better plan, lay it out.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Have you ever been to a Tea Party rally? I have, and what was being discussed was getting rid of earmarks. This was being framed as a measure to eliminate the deficit. Good job Tea Party. You figured out a way to cut 8 billion dollars out of the deficit. What have you for the other 997 billion?

These Tea Party candidates do not understand the Federal Budget and why it is growing the way it is. They point to crazy liberal spending, but do not even realize eliminating all the crazy liberal spending does not even put a dent in the deficit.

1 person likes this.