Gov't Should Bulldoze Homes

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by flabengal, Apr 21, 2011.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm responding so you won't feel too bad.

3. flabengal

My point was that they should lower the price until they find a buyer. If you lower the price far enough people would be interested in buying the property and fixing it up or moving in themselves.

Bulldozing already completed homes seems completely pointless to me. Why don't we run around breaking windows, do an annual census, etc.? There has to be some value attached to the activity, doesn't there?

4. flabengal

Yeah, this one sank like a stone. I probably should have posted something about religion....at least you can count on martin. Global warming is another good one but the eco-nazis have been taking such a beating on that front lately I couldn't kick a man while he was down.

No such hesitation from SabanFan, eh? I respect that actually, take no prisoners and all that sort of thing...

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bullchit. You just don't want to lose another argument on it.

I don't care what someone does with property he can't sell. It's his problem. If he wants to tear it down, fine. Sell it cheaper, fine. Abandon it, fine. Burn it for the insurance, fine.

But it's not the government's problem and no public menace. The greedy lenders are trying to get another bailout.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Couldn't Barney Frank solve this problem? :yelwink2:

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Homes in New Orleans that have been abandoned and a in ruins from Katrina, sure condemn them and tear them down then send the property owner the bill. The do it already in BR and other cities once a house is in at a point of no return when it comes to being inhabitable.

However, government should not get involved with tearing down homes that have been foreclosed on. It is not "practical" (like that nut thinks) to spend tax dollars on tearing down a home to eliminate a supply of homes to make it easier to sell the foreclosed homes.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Got to admire your perseverence. Global warming is a dead issue. Nobody, except you fanatical geeks, cares anymore. Gore rhymes with Bore.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If that was making a case, you failed miserably. You won't take me on either, pilgrim. Nobody is fooled.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

sabanfan is kinda right, global warming is a back burner issue now, which wouldnt make sense if it were true at all and people believed it.