Grades for the Chattanooga Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 9, 2017.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

QB B
    The long ball was exceptional from Etling and will give defenses notice that we will indeed take our shots if they want to center on Guice and our running game. The real great concern is still a redzone passing game, it's non existent at this point.

RB B+
    Solid game but still haven't gotten that breakaway run as of yet this season. That will come.

WR A-
    Fantastic game and missed an A+ due to the dropped pass for an inevitable touchdown on the pass over the middle by Brennan.

TE C
    Blah. I don't like the prospects of this offense without a credible TE threat in the passing game. Oh well.

OL B
    A pretty solid job for the most part against an overmatched front 7. Especially on the play action passes that took time to develop.

DL C+
    Underwhelming performance from this unit. Need much more consistent pressure on the QB.

LB B
    Great to see Corey Thompson becoming an impact player in his 6th year. Chaisson has beast written all over him.

DB A-
    Where are all these young kids coming from? We seem to have an endless supply of future stars. Two interceptions and could have easily been 4 (don't forget the one in the end zone on their very first drive).

ST C-
    We are headed into SEC play with a huge question mark with our place kicker. Not something you want to worried about. We also had a return for a TD called back but did cash in on another, saving the grade for this unit. I didn't think Chark would be the threat he now appears to be on returns.

Coaching B+
    Need to clean up these penalties. Slow start to the game defensively but then they dominated as expected. Matt Canada has definitely transformed this offense. We'll see how that translates to the SEC schedule starting next week.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

OL and DL I'd flip flop. I'd also do a B plus on receivers. Stellar first half, dropsies in the 2nd other than Chark.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Special teams: C-. That last FG pulled em out of a D

islstl and LSUpride123 like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'd give ST a B just because of Chark. The placekicking gets a D. Growden punted well and punt and kickoff coverage was decent

5. LaSalleAve

It's gotta drop for the hold on the first one and 2 missed FG's

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The way Guice, Williams and Brossette all ran I can't give the RB's any less than an A

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

MSU on the road full of freshman. Our Juniors/seniors better show the fuck out.

Lots of good things I have seen thus far this season, but youth or not, these penalties have to stop.

Switching to liquor next week. Wish me luck.

8. LaSalleAve

The O line really can't afford an injury or move positions. These guys must play more and gain that trust for each other. The youth and all the motion im sure has a lot to do with it, I hope they can find their way and start working together better. Time will tell.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good thing our D gets some key players back. Gonna need them. Our D MUST have a SKRONG Dline.

I have a feeling Guice is going to go off.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He's separating the grades between kicking and special teams. I just combine it.