Grades for the Mississippi State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 21, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I with you, sort of. LSU trying to run a screen pass is sort of like watching a group of monkeys trying to fuck a couple of footballs. Of course I have been told LSU has the best OC in the game. I'm just wondering when we get to see him work.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct.

I don't think anyone should hang their hat on the near comeback. That was nearly meaningless, other than showing the fact that we have the wrong QB under center. If there is a change at QB, then the last 8 minutes of that game was EXTREMELY meaningful. My guess is Jennings is back under center next week.

We got completely dominated on both sides of the ball the likes I have not seen during the Miles era.

At one point it was 588 yards to only 270. At home on a Saturday night.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    b_leblanc and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

a mauling is what it was

lsu-i-like and islstl like this.
  4. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

By fucking moo u! That kinda shit isn't supposed to happen.

Insult and injury.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Where have you been? State has been improving steadily in recent years. There are no gimmes in the SEC West. Losing two straight junior classes to the NFL has finally come home to roost. LSU is depleted in talent and the new guys are not quite ready for prime time.

6. islstl

I will admit this is the best team they have fielded under Mullen. Will be interesting to see if they can live with their new found success.

That being said, you should never get pummelled at home on a Saturday night in Death Valley vs a team you're favored to beat by 10.

b_leblanc likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I disagree that it was meaningless. No doubt we got our asses solidly kicked all night. However, we could have either laid down and gotten kicked some more or have found a way to fight back. We did the latter, and that showed character and a team spirit.

I'd be more worried had we not staged the comeback. As it is, we still don't know what we've got, but we do have some character.

8. islstl

That counts for something.

I will stick by my assertion that unless those last 2 drives forced a change at the QB spot, then it's all for naught. If you're going to lose, you might as well develop the future of LSU, Brandon Harris. He won't develop holding a clipboard.

MikeInLa likes this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

could someone explain to me the end of the first half, with 31 second we let the clock run to 3 and call a timeout to run a screen pass.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

As much as this loss still stings on Monday morning, I am happy that the team didn't roll over and quit. The score could have very well been 41-16 in the 4th quarter (perhaps Mullen let up on the gas at that point). The fact that we were a hail mary pass away from winning it is a positive in my mind. I am confident that the coaching staff will make the appropriate adjustments, and Harris at this stage deserves a shot to start. Most of the experts did say he would likely be the starting QB by midseason, perhaps midseason will come early.

StaceyO likes this.