Grades for the Mississippi State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 21, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Les Miles

shane0911 likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In all fairness, about half of the media pundits were predicting an upset, mostly citing uncertainties at quarterback for LSU. I think many of them that picked LSU was because it was a home night game. If it had been played in Stark Vegas, State might have been the favorite.

3. red55

With Jennings and Rettig gone, I think we badly need two experienced quarterbacks at LSU right now. Harris still has a lot to prove as well and hasn't played an entire game yet. One injury and we have nothing but walk-on quarterbacks with no experience at all backing up a freshman. I think Les should play both of these guys all season. If one of them separates himself, then make him the feature quarterback and give him the lion's share. But as thin as we are, I think we play both of these guys.

4. red55

All I can figure was that it was a safe play for a longshot TD. If the play is there, then Jennings throws the pass and gives a back an opportunity to break a big one. If the play isn't there he just throws the ball away and heads for the locker.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that line was based on the last 14 years not current talent. In fact, when the line came out months ago, LSU was -15 and the sharps hammered this down to 10 for the last month or more.

If finally closed at 7' before kickoff. thats some of the biggest line movement you will see without a jameis winston being suspended. Thats because the dudes who know, knew LSU was in for a close game/loss. Moo U woulda been favored if this was an actual prediction of the outcome. Their lines are just that good and whoever controls the LOS most always wins the game. Unfortunately for them, Mullen still doesnt know how to win and will spit the bit in their close games as usual.

lsu-i-like and StaceyO like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

do you really still want the inexplicable explained?

silver linings are good. unfortunately we have no silver linings playbook.

les is often very slow to recognize the better talent. you dont wait til you get your ass handed to you multiple times to see the light. unfortunately, this is a big deficiency of his. stubbornness.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Just for you............

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

A very special kind of stupid.

9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I agree. I always thought Brandon to be the stronger QB. More time playing the position and gaining wisdom and less time on the sidelines carrying the clipboard around!

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My grades.

QB - C
    Harris was a spark but I still don't believe he is the answer at this point. I give them a C because even though we lost and Jennings didn't play well, I believe his shoulder was hurt and he was on a chain by the coaching staff..

OL - F
    Piss poor job by a veteran group. They sucked Saturday, and Grimes better get his act together.

TE - F
    what the fuck is a tight end? Dickson does stupid shit every time he touches the ball.

WR - B
    Can't really blame them for much.

RB - B
    See WR, not their fault the O line sucks

DL - 0
    They don't even get an F they get a 0 for not participating.

LB - D-
    Only reason tree is no F is because Kwon Alexander kept them from getting an F

DB's - D-
    Our strength on defense was outplayed by people who weren't good enough to play for LSU.

Kicker/Punter - A
    The bright spot.

Coaching - 0
    0 for no participation. This loss falls solely on the coaching staff. Horrible game plan, horrible play calling, too late on any adjustments made, probably right up there with the worst coaching performance by this staff in its history.

islstl, StaceyO, ThePhenom74 and 2 others like this.