Grades for the Mississippi State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Good outside the box thinking on the ZEROs, wouldn't expect anything less from you LaSalle....

on a side note: did you try dumping beer on the Vans in the 3rd quarter???

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I was so pissed I didn't even think about the shoes damn I should have. I got in my car and started driving around I was so upset.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

QB - D Jennings sucked hard. Not sure what Harris proved against a prevent.

OL - F outclassed.

TE - n/a - hard to fault a group who gets 1 pass per game. passing is a rhythm. see drew brees outside vs turf. Jennings gets no one involved. we had this same problem with JJ. we have drops because he never gets them the ball consistently.

WR - n/a. need a qb to judge receivers.

RB - n/a need an actual game plan to judge the rbs.

DL - n/a not their fault they are too light. they cant fix this and the result will be the same if we played again.

LB - C-
    Kwon Alexander is impressive. Beckwith showed he deserves the reps.

DB's - C no push up front makes the best secondaries look mediocre.

Kicker/Punter - A they obviously get the most practice.

Coaching? what coaching.

4. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Here is my grade for all positions across the board:
    turd.jpg

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

2 years ago we were bragging how Chief used lighter DLs & LBs to beat the spread and how our strength & conditioning kept them strong enough to hang. Our DEs were as LaSalle pointed out not huge. Likewise Shepherd, Minter Perry Riley et all were not huge but fast. Many were saying how he stole a step on Saban because of this.
    In fact that was true and more to the point Freak and Ego were large enough but were not very effective.
    Bitch about the recruiting but Brockers and others were considered too light to play the interior until they grew. They were also redshirted as freshmen to grow and add strength...same as we have done before. You know you can't have it both ways people,, praise a style when it works and criticize it when it doesn't...you can criticize them for missing on talent if that is what happened but this D isn't smaller than 2010 & 2011 two of the best defenses we have had.
    Sometimes people miss on evaluating 17yo talent and what it will grow into or when they will grow. As others pointed out Minter wasn't special before his last year. Look at the pros and how many high round draft choices bust. That is part of the game. BTW I don't like that we seem to have lost so much but to so broadly bash what was praised just a few months ago is hypo- and hyper- critical.

6. tirk

agree. we often argue both sides of the coin. But I do know we need 2 big DTs to stuff the middle yet I cant even name the ones who played saturday. Because they were always on their back. Linebackers and ends can be more hybrid types but up the gut at mlb id favor an aggressive ray lewis type with size and strength. the opposite of how 31 plays.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I agree. I've said it a time or two as well. The inside DTs are the weakest spot on this D, and without a strong inside, the LBs, DEs, and DBs can't do their jobs, for having to make up for the weakness in the middle.

It's like that QB scat up the middle that went for a TD. I don't think that happens with Logan and Brockers in the middle. The DTs have to be able to collapse holes and put pressure up front from the middle, and open up opportunities for the LBs and DEs to make better play.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If I recall correctly Cam Newton ran right up over both Logan and Brockers like Prescott did these guys. Honestly I'm starting to look at Brick Haley.

9. tirk

cam newton is still running over the brockers and logans of the nfl. hes as big as NFL DEs and bigger than LBS. but hes going to get a knee blown out soon because of it.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sure would like to see what our resident insider has to say?

@LSUDad ? Awful quiet mon ami

LSUDad likes this.