Grades for the Mississippi State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 21, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sorry, busy weekend. Check Good/bad/ugly.

Had to drive back to Tx today. Still on the run.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No reason to run from us. We won't be too rough

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Geaux

4. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Actually I'd be more worried if the comeback had been successful. Don't get me wrong; losing sucks and I don't like it. But if that last pass had been two yards longer and Dural, Quinn or Dupre had caught it and Jim Hawthorne had started yelling about Jack Hunt again, the vast majority of the Tiger Nation would be content. "Dodged a big bullet there," they'd say, "1-0 in SEC and a 4 game winning streak, cupcake on the menu this weekend so 5-0 and probably top 5 going to the Barn. Whoo hoo!"And then the wheels likely would have fallen off and this young, inexperienced team might have been lost for good and that character this team has developed could have evaporated.

I guess what I'm saying is that a win on Saturday would have been nothing more than a Band-Aid on a gaping wound. Losing this game forces everybody -- but most especially players and coaches -- to look at that gaping wound and try to fix it.

It sounds like coach-speak but this Saturday's game is the most important one of the season. Does the team come out fast (didn't happen against ULM or MooU)? Are there any true changes on either offense or defense? Or is it more of the same?

There's very little question LSU will win Saturday. The question is how will that win occur?

shane0911, GregLSU, Winston1 and 6 others like this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

wjray, you nailed it with a sledge hammer. Well done. [​IMG]

6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

That's what she said.

Seriously, thanks.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You're on a roll.

ETA: Of course I should get an assist for the perfect setup. :D

GregLSU likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Still, a win is a win. In the long run it could make the difference between going to Birmingham for the BBVA Compass Bowl or to Shreveport for the Duck Commander Independence Bowl.

As far as how the win will occur, sadly I can tell you right now that Miles will use that same old philosophy or run, run, run from the power I. This game would be a perfect opportunity to work on the short passing game out of the spread and pistol but Miles is so paranoid that he might show Gus Malzahn something he doesn't already know.

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Neither of those guys started in 2010 when Newton was playing. They both became factors in 2011. That was Drake Nevis and...shit I don't know who his main counterpart was...might have been Brockers...know it wasn't Logan though. Not many were able to handle that D-Line that year aside from Newton. They were stout.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

According to Miles presser Harris has earned his place to get more snaps. I'm hoping this coming game Harris gets to see 90% of the snaps, and just lets the kid go out and do his thing. I want to see what kind of game Harris can put together when he isn't handcuffed by just coming in a few series every half.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.