Grades for the New Mexico State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 27, 2014.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

There is an awful lot of trying to justify immature behavior here. If you boo the coach, you boo the team; if you boo the team, you boo the coach.

If you boo, you look like a douchebag--whether you paid large sums of money to go the game or whatever folks want to use as an excuse for why it's okay to show their displeasure at the coach, the QB, the MLB, Mike the Tiger for not wanting to get into his claustrophobia inducing cage on wheels, or a cheerleader who drops his stunt partner.

GregLSU and Winston1 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Again listen to what Harris said...THE TEAM thought the boos were for Jennings.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Stacey, I agree with you, but I'm also the poster child for old school.

Today's generation doesn't see it the same way you and I do. And I don't see that changing.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, you can argue with Bowers, the man who missed the tackle. He was there, he took the responsibility.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It is never OK with the MLB, or anyone, goes in the opposite direction of the ball.

Not sure why you have a hard time accepting the fact that Welter, along with others, bit on the fake.

I know you defend the guy, but he is the QB of the D. He will ALWAYS get the most flack because HE SHOULD be the leader. The guy we lean on.

Just like the QB.

Set the tempo.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mike the Tiger doesn't care if you boo him. He's a cat

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He went with the ball which first went right, then the QB faked the handoff and ran to Bowers hole.

Sure he bit on the fake, the running back was his responsibility inside. Bowers was suppose to protect his side. Just because Welter had to fight off a block from the guard and was too far inside to come back and cover Bowers does not mean that he is responsible for Bowers missed tackle.

Why do you have a hard time accepting that somebody beside Welter may have fouled up . . . especially when that somebody openly admits it!

Hell, you were right when you said that the entire front 7 is weak.

8. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

And if you boo the team, coach, piss poor play, or the concession stand worker for not putting enough cheese in your nachos then you're not a real fan. Is that the implication?

There's only one place I've been that can ever live up to your standard, and that's West Point, they aren't allowed to boo or voice or show their displeasure, or they'll find their ass walking hours the rest of the weekend. Any and every passionate fanbase is the same way. What I find immature and irresponsible is the number of people who take it personally. My point still stands-if you cheered when Harris came in you're just as much of a douchebag as someone who booed. It had the same damn effect on Jennings, the players and the coaches. You cheered someone else's failure. Be proud.

This whole thing is absurd. It's damn football. It's a tough sport played by tough men. Take your lumps, move on, get better. You don't have to participate in it, doesn't mean you have to disparage others who demonstrate their passion differently.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So how do you anti booers feel about booing the refs for a bad call?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like I said in another post, there are young men the same age as the players risking their lives for their country. I'm sure they would rather the Taliban booed them instead of shooting at them. Those whining over privileged football players love it when the fans cheer a good play. If they can dish it out they should be able to take it