Grades for the New Mexico State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did it for you. You owe me a like

islstl and shane0911 like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wish I could lick my own post.

I mean, er uh......yikes. (walking backward in a very slow and controlled manner)

Tiger in TX and shane0911 like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I agree that too many people are calling Jennings JJ 2.0. I agree there were probably a ton of a*holes booing Jennings. But watching the coaches keep beating their heads against a wall, throwing Jennings out there again and again, if you weren't frustrated then I believe there must be something wrong with you. That was stupid. It was frustrating. I gotta believe the majority of boos were for the coaches. And like another poster said, you cant just turn the emotion off. I agree with you though, I wouldn't say that's been an overwhelming positive for us lately. It did sound like the stadium got pretty dern loud at times VS mooU. Unfortunately, we shit the bed.

You'd have us sit on our hands when the coaches were handling Jennings in the same way they handled Jefferson/Lee? Those who weren't frustrated must be saints, disinterested, sunshine pumpers, or drunk. That was the most shit-all stupid string of possessions I've seen in a while out of LSU (that's saying something), particularly considering how Harris performed afterwards. As much as I expect Harris' output to drop in SEC play, you've got to wonder, would mooU have turned out different had QBs been handled differently. I don't think Miles showed the want or fortitude to put his players in the best position to win that particular game.

Golf clap and tea sip. Good show old boy. I'll be leaving mid thirdQ to avoid the rush and drink wine with friends. I'll check the highlights later.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

why not get off your collective fat asses and go down to the fence and boo les from there so he'll know who in the hell you're booing???

Winston1, StaceyO and shane0911 like this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If he doesn't know who the fans are booing he really is stupid.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He already has a good idea.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why would I say something that I don't believe? Nor the coaches. He was the leading tackler for LSU in that game--four more than Beckwith who got as much or more playing time. And he recovered a fumble.

Watch the video and you will see Welter being blocked by the left guard.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles was also late to the party when it came to pulling Jennings and playing Harris. Lee/JJ also comes to mind. Miles not playing his best player at a position should no longer surprise anyone.

And yes I guess technically you could call running away from the play and plowing into the line being blocked.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I disliked that Miles kept Jennings in until each possession was worse than the one before it. Maybe he was trying to give him ample opportunity to shake it off? I don't know.

What I do know is that the players didn't appreciate the boos, and they are a poor reflection of any fanbase. This isn't about the pussification of America as some are suggesting. It's about common decency towards other human beings. If we want to celebrate being rude to the team we claim to support, I suppose that's each fan's choice.

I don't agree with it, and I will not boo my Tigers. However, I'm done preaching on the topic. Those who were booing will continue to justify their actions, and those of us who abhor that behavior will continue to feel the way we do.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If booing forces a change that Les refuses to see, then I am all for it.