Grades for the Wisconsin Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I think Jennings settled in and in the second half he was confident enough to throw to spots and not wait for the receivers to get open. The passes to Diarse were examples of that. I agree that much of his problem was lack of performance by the OL. He had no time in the first half.

IF the OL steps up and gets close to its preseason hype I see the O being potent. Jennings IF he continues to settle in will be more than adequate to lead us against any team we face.

All of this is based on the continued growth of the team. What happened last night isn't enough but is only a beginning.

TigerTap and StaceyO like this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

It's a small sample size, for sure; however, Jennings just seems to have more poise and smarts than JJ.

plotalot likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you don't know, then you don't know much.

Our receivers managed to run very well after the catch. But a quarterback's job is to pass better than 42%. If you don't realize that . . .

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One point that needs to be understood...there were two Jennings playing in P&G last night. The first half Jennings was worse than 42%. The second half was 4-6 for 1 score and a 2 point conversion.
    The 1st half Jennings wouldn't cut it in high school...the 2nd half is SEC ready. Again IF he continues to grow.

ROY_LA_CA, wjray and TigerTap like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

In my mind, Jennings successes and lack thereof had everything to do w/ play calling and O-line play. 1st three qtrs = CLMs sucky gameplan. After fake punt and TOs, and wearing the D down, their injuries, etc, his play calls finally worked, and I think he allowed CCC a little more wiggle room on some of the pass plays. JMO

6. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Although it was a pretty piss poor performance last night. I was glad to see the team make the comeback.

Jennings just needs some experience. It's a fairly young team. I see the potential for good things in the future.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think those grades are right on target. I'm not surprised at all that there were some growing pains associated with playing so many youngsters. However I was shocked that the team came so unprepared to play. The OL and DL play was putrid!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We all know what the 2011 season record was. You should, too. LSU hasn't had an undefeated season since 1958.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

maybe louis will switch back to mike.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tight ends get an F as far as I'm concerned. Dickson fumbles and Smith drops a sure 1st down, that sustains a drive and gets us 15-20 yards.