Grades for the Wisconsin Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 31, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

DT is also my fear. Anyone know why Frank Herron didn't play? Gilmore?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Especially since the NFL had interest in both of last year's underperformers. But they were new to start, just like this year. Even if you have the physical tools, it takes time to learn what SEC offensive linemen can do by the old fashioned way of getting your ass whipped. I think Ego and Freak would be studs this year with their rookie mistakes behind them.

This is blowback from early exits to the NFL. Just when they are getting their shit together, they leave.

furduknfish, LSUDad and cajdav1 like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Freak underperformed his whole career and Ego was the real deal. Had Ego stayed this D would be great up front. I'm not sold on LaCaouture, even though he could be a viable sub, and im curious to know what's up with Herron, Gilmore, and Bain, although I believe Bain is suspended or hurt or something.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I wonder how much the oline performance was related to halftime adjustments and/or the injuries the Badger D line sustained?

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

A lot of it was reading the proper keys and picking up the guys stunting. Some of it was sending out 3 wr's and getting great mismatches. From what I noticed they were all on the same page and had the proper assignments.

6. red55

LaCouture is really the only one getting it done right now. Someone must step up.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I am late because I was at the game saturday. I don't spend every waking minute on this site.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I said that, it wasn't all just on the TE's, spread it around, all were to blame. They got better as the game went on. Give Wiskey some credit, I do. This is the same guy (Gary Anderson Wiskey's Head Coach) that beat nick sabans bama team in the 2008 Sugar Bowl. His defense held bama to 17 pts in that game. That bama team was avg over 30 ppg.
    At one time in the 2nd quarter, the two DT were Soph Neal and True Freshman Godchaux, both were holding there own. Godchaux looked very good for being out of football for almost 2 years with the ACL injury. Neal is only around 255 lbs, but has a very quick step, both guys will only get better.

9. red55

None of us do. So tell us what you saw at the game that we can't see on TV. I hate being dependent on those talking heads and cameramen. They don't show us a coach chewing out a player on the sidelines or anything happening on the field that is not at the point of action.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No one said you blamed it all on the TEs. You're telling me that Gary Anderson is such a great DC that he should be able to take an entirely new starting front seven and totally embarrass a quality veteran OL? If so he belongs on an NFL sideline making millions a year. W did play well up front but much credit goes to the crappy play of the LSU OL.

LSUDad likes this.