Grades vs Ole Miss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 25, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Add Happy feet to the list. Or maybe @red55 will add it.

Jennings needs to STAND in the pocket, look for 1-3, then Run. Not prance around after his 1st read.

mctiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think this is correct.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

At least they didn't tear down the goal posts. That would have been humiliating.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He was drunk

islstl and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It wouldn't be so bad if he took off running north when his primary receiver is covered, but he always rolls right and either get a minimum gain or throws the ball away.

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

...and even that's better than staring down his one read and floating a pass late into a covered receiver (usually Dural) that gets picked off.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

When our coaches saw that we needed to throw the ball, they let Jennings throw it and he was awful. That just isn't something we can rely on him for on a consistent basis. I'm not ready to say he'll never be ready - I sure hope this is due to the sophistication of SEC defenses and not because our coaches suck at picking QBs. I guess it is possible that Harris could do worse; it would still be nice to get him in the game at some point. D seems like a fair grade cos some plays were made.

You have to give at least a B+. Without a running game our offense would have been worse than awful. Even with the OL opening holes, our RBs put in work.

Glad Beckwith has taken this over, Welter wasn't getting R done.

We had some good punts/coverage and Fournette looked improved. Thinking C-

I don't see how you give coaching an A with how many TOs, 5? With such an awful passing game. With continued FG woes. Mucho credit for ballsing out a win by Les and co, but this QB situation is beyond ridiculous. I'd probably say A- for beating a good Ole Miss team with one hand behind your back. Probably deserve bonus points for post game ESPN interview. Les is one of a kind.

A+ to our fans for helping to coax bad Bo to make an appearance. Nobody should be too hard on Ole Miss for trash talking, we were probably giving better than we got, and that's not including our relentless fans. I liked seeing folks on the field at the end, they've endured some brutal displays of football this year.

Also wanna give a shout out to our D for keeping Ole Miss in check despite our offense not doing much in the second half, especially the third Q.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    jdkees and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Just a quick one here, what kind of grade would people give Bo for his game last night?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

IMO Bo Wallace F, Jennings C.

StaceyO, KyleK and LSUDad like this.
  10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

A+ for the feeling I had at the end of the game. Ole Miss #3 in the country no more. I can remember a lot of close Ole Miss games, especially last year when we were suppose to win. I really like this Grades thread. How about an A for Chief & a B for Cam, although I guess they r rolled up in the coaching grade. I am really satisfied with the team. Young Young Young. Bring on Bama & Go to Hell Ole Miss !

b_leblanc, KyleK and LSUDad like this.