Grand jury clears Stewart; Ward was stoned!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 24, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Get real, you can do anything stoned, including drive. And it damn sure doesn't stop anyone from being a dumbass.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dude you shouldn't have smoked that speed laced shit back in the 70's. I've tried to get in a fight stoned it's fucking impossible and there are actually scientific studies that back this line of thinking up.

3. red55

Cite one. If you are trying to tell me that a person can't get angry when they are stoned then you should get out of the house more. I've seen totally stoned bikers shitshomp each other. I've seen wasted roadies duke it out backstage. Many, many, many a bar fight involved people under the influenza of marihuana. Mexican drug cartel hoods waste people every day and they have been stoned every waking moment for years.

Weed can make you mellow for sure, but nothing will sober you up instantly like a serious fight.

b_leblanc and GregLSU like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Then it ain't the weed. Don't blame the weed. If guns don't kill people, people do, then weed doesn't make anyone do anything stupid that person is already stupid.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Just because it was supposedly "enough to impair judgement" doesn't mean that it did. Tony should not face charges, but not because Ward probably smoked the night before the race. Let's not muck-up this issue with hair-brained ideas that weed made him aggressive. That's fucking stupid.

6. red55

I didn't blame the weed, I said that a person can be stoned and still do something stupid or get angry. Please pay better attention.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

You must be a straight up pussy then bro, weed has never slowed me down from whooping a dude ass.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Contained Chaos

I really hate shit like this. There seems to be this pervasive ignorance among a large segment of our society that believes that a) weed makes you do abnormally stupid things, and b) that any detectable amount of weed in your system means that you were definitely under the influence whenever whatever it is happened.

There's a lawyer in BTR representing Joey Branch, the drunken idiot who mowed down to cyclists on Perkins road last year, killing one of them. His lawyer is asserting that, since both victims had weed in their system at the time of the accident, then perhaps his client, whose BAC was like double or triple the legal limit, isn't completely at fault. This is a mentality in our society that needs to be ignored for the utter bullshit that it is.

In an effort to portray legalization as a bad thing, certain advocacy groups are looking at the number of patients admitted to the ERs in Colorado who had weed in their systems, and are trying to report them as "marijuana-related ER admissions", which is fucking laughable.

Let me put it to you this way: It would be a thousand times more likely for alcohol to incite reckless, aggressive behavior like Ward's than for weed to be the culprit. And quite honestly, it's baffling that everyone under the age of 80 has yet to accept this as a fact.

Ward was a god damn idiot for doing what he did. Period. It wasn't because of the weed; it was because he was an idiot who couldn't control himself in the heat of the moment. Tony Stewart should be cleared because of the physical circumstances surrounding the incident, not because Kevin Ward got high the night before the race.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Where did I say that weed made him aggressive? I said weed failed to make him mellow and cool.

10. Contained Chaos

Where did I say that you said it? The fact that it's even being brought up at all is what I'm taking issue with. It's completely irrelevant and just preys on people's ignorance.