Grant Delpit's stock may have fallen after today/ Aranda WTF on that last TD?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Well said. For the most part Stingley dominated who ever he guarded. The first TD was on the coaches for distracting him, if you watch closely Chaisson was also late reacting to the snap because of sideline coaching.

LSU_4_LIFE, didit and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

yep... was watching post game shows and they mentioned that bama saw on film that whenever the o checked to a different play, we looked to the sideline... they used that against us by quick snapping the ball...

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Hey man, credit to them for designing and executing that.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

My initial thoughts were, Aranda decided on that call to let his DB's go against Bama's receivers in hopes that they could either A) break up the pass, or B) get the turnover. Unfortunately, he was sadly mistaken. But had one of those scenarios occurred, he would have been lauded as having the biggest balls in the country. It did not, so he's going to have to deal with the criticism now. I personally would have played to keep everything in front of our guys, which in my eyes how it should be played in that situation. It's a little more difficult though against a QB like Taganlsnvowkrghiehb... He will absolutely take what you give him and march down the field all the same.

5. didit

didit Veteran Member

let him march... 115 on the clock with 2 timeouts, down by 12... that's exactly what should've happened... that being said, i'm still so happy we won...

LSUpride123, el005639 and furduknfish like this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Amen preach on brother

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If it were me that's exactly what I would have done.. I am in agreement with you. I guess I'm just trying to explain to myself (out loud) what Aranda was thinking.. lol

didit likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I have to agree why play man coverage with 1:34 minutes left? You keep everthing in front of you. Sure Oeaux will get that fixed.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

i thought so too. He looked a step slow and his failure to recognize and react made it worse. That TD looked like he was creeping to the LOS and did not cover over the top like he should have been. Not sure if that is what was happening but it looked that way to me. He did not need to be in run support with so little time and LB’s in the box.

10. didit

didit Veteran Member

well, they spent sooooo *breathes* ooooooo much time on tua's ankle you may have forgotten that delpit also played on a bad ankle...

Pjoe, Winston1 and shane0911 like this.