Great Article on Kevin Faulk

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hadskey76, Jan 11, 2008.

1. hadskey76

hadskey76 Founding Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He is the epitome of why the Patriots are on the verge of winning their 4th Super Bowl in 7 years.

3. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

It's been a PLEASURE watching Kevin Faulk over the years. I was so damn worried about him when he shaved his head to read "all eyes on me". I'm convinced he's have been a superior running back on almost any other team in the NFL. Instead, he's a been consistent performer for "LSU NORTH" in New England. And he's gonna be on the only undefeated team in modern pro football history. And Hey........look at NewEngland's roster, they love LSU players. They've consistantly had LSU players on their roster over the last 10 years,, it's unreal how many of our players have found a home there.

If there are ANY LSU fans that aren't walking around with a hardon concerning our team and all the great things that go with it, you need to reevaluate why you love LSU. We ARE one of the best things about football ANYWHERE right now. I'm on a cloud.

View attachment 10471

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Randall Gay is excelling for them. 3 interceptions this season.

Great to see.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I remember when Faulk was drafted a friend of mine who like to brag about his extensive "football background" said that he would be a backup his entire career. Little ole me with no football background told him that Faulk would contribute significantly to the team and that with all his background he should be aware of that. I wonder what he is thinking now.

6. daveeb

daveeb Founding Member

Team players like Faulk are indeed why the Patriots are on the verge of going to the Super Bowl, again (sigh...). I'm glad my team of choice has team players like that too, who think about the team first (Hines Ward is a pure team player).

Faulk's pass catching has always been rather astounding to me. Must be because of that LSU screen pass.

Either way, my favorite LSU Tiger ever in a pro sport is most definitely Alan Faneca. Second favorite would probably have to be Warren Morris. For at least his rookie year, he showed plenty of promise. Then, the Pirates coaching staff screwed him up...

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

"all eyes on 3"

small but significant difference.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I remember hearing Kevin Faulk's name for the first time when I was a freshman in high school (Lafayette). All of the freshman football players were comparing Carencro's stud freshman (Faulk) with our freshman star and saying ours was better. Faulk's sophmore year was as the starting QB on their state championship team while our star had a few flashes on the varsity team. By the time their careers were over, Faulk was one of the best recruits in the country and our guy never lived up to expectations.

When I was a sophmore in high school, I was playing JV basketball and Faulk was a 6th man on Carencro's varsity. I was watching the varsity game from the bleachers and our team had the game in hand. With less than a minute, Faulk mauled our little PG (think John Stockton) and started high fiving his teammates. The game was at our place and the fans started going crazy, especially after the PG started going into a semi-seizure. I don't think Faulk noticed how bad the PG was hurt and was taunting the crowd. The refs had let the game get out of hand and it was a kind of scary environment.

Two years later we played Carencro in our first district game. I was a starting guard and our school took basketball seriously with many preseason tournaments. Carencro was playing only their 2nd game of the year and first with all of the football players. Faulk only scored about 10 pts and we beat them fairly easily. Towards the end of the game, he had to foul me a couple of times and apologized once when he slapped kind of hard. He seemed pretty cool and even carried on a little conversation after the game was over.

He only played a few more games and quit when he had a lot of recruiting visits coming up. I remember seeing his last two boxscores and he averaged something like 30+ in the last 3 games. If anyone could dig up that information (probably doubtful), I'd really appreciate.

9. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Had a typical KF game last night.:thumb: One of the most underated players in the league.

10. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Actually, he plays running back most of the time.

;)