Great Article on Mo Claiborne

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Say wha?? :wave:
    I'm assuming you're talking about Jones, since Steltz preceded him...but he din't have a senior season. You 'member? You member...;)

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

For all the bad that people talk about Chad Jones's career, without his heroics last year, we suffer the embarrassment of losing to Mississippi State. That was about as close to single-handedly lifting your team to victory as a safety can get.

For that game alone, I deem his career a success, because losing to Mississippi State would've probably ruined my season.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I don't see the hype over Claiborne and Jones being even remotely similar. Jones' hype started in high school, grew with is 5* rating, and grew out of control with the fans after his freshman yr. No he didn't become the raging superstar we all wanted, and he occasionally disappointed. But he also delivered quite a bit.

Claiborne is getting love from his teammates, coaches, and the "only other star" on the team. Peterson is the one hyping him up right now, and I certainly trust him to either speak truth or shut his mouth about another players' ability. Claiborne will do just fine, and may even do "great".

I understand realism, and even some skepticism, but some of you guys need to stop looking for "charlie" behind every bush. Instead just get excited about a new player.(Edit: this last comment pertains to several threads combined, not primarily this one. Just wish a few more people would actually be spirited and hopeful.)

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Hell yes. There is no doubt Jones has immense talent, and I think that game showed his potential.

I'm just talking (unemotionally) about the tendency to want to hype players (for good reasons) and how it sets some guys up a little bit, if they're not quite there yet. That's all. I'd hate to see Claiborne have a good season and it be deemed less than that because the Sophomore hype gets beyond reality.

I am STOKED about this secondary. I think it might stack up as one of the great ones in LSU history. The potential is there, for sure.

5. Bandit88

Great point. I wish I could be in Tiger Stadium this year to watch him GEAUX!

6. Bandit88

From pay site LINK

:) I wasn't even this humble as a high school offensive lineman...he's probably a great kid, but I think there's some great mentoring going on at LSU as well.

:geaux:

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

...even the Youtube thread got carried away with this BS, dude !!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM[/media]

:wink:

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Wow. You're right, forgot about that. Either way, his last season was his best. I would take Steltz over Jones any day, though. Who is taking over for Jones now? Taylor? I can't seem to remember seeing him a lot last year.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'm getting very excited about this season. EVERY team at this point has unknowns and we aren't any different. We'll (and EVERY other team) know once we hit the field what we have this year. Enjoy the ride people ! :thumb:

Dude, wasn't sure which "Charlie" you were referring to :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I wouldnt! Watch the Arkansas game in 2007, I think Steltz ran the opposite direction every time McFadden had the ball, he was just downright awful in that game and a few others.