Great Former Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 15, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

cajdav1 likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Great story and so sad what dementia does to people. It may be the cruelest disease of all. BTW my mother taught YA Books and Libraries at LSU. Told a few stories about him.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wish I could have seen him play at LSU, definitely the best QB LSU has ever put in the NFL. That picture says a million words, fuck a thousand.

b_leblanc and cajdav1 like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They say that every picture tells a story. That's a picture that tells a thousand stories. I have seen it a number of times over the years and it has to be one of the all time great sports photographs. The look on his face says it all.

The fact that Y.A. said he has always hated that picture but chose to keep the original in his house for all these years says a lot about the man.

Tittle's career was mostly before my time but I do remember seeing him on TV with the Giants when I was just getting to the age of becoming a football fan. Tittle's teams never won a Championship but he had a great Hall of Fame career nontheless. It seems that he had a great life after football as well.
    He had his ranch in Californian and a place in his old home in Texas. He earned his living by giving speeches and telling great, entertaining stories. He had many friends and his family relationships.

At the age of 87 all a man really has left in life are his memories. The saddest part of this story is that Y.A. is no longer able to enjoy those great memories.

Yelberton Abraham Tittle, I take my hat off to you

[​IMG]

Winston1, didit, LSUDad and 1 other person like this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Touching story.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I always tell Odell Beckham, Sr, he's the third best football player to come out of Marshall, Tx. Y.A. is first and Phil Bennett being the second. But second and third are close.

Bengal B likes this.