Great Game for Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ehusson80, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Since he's gotten a lot of criticism(rightfully so) for his lack of progress, holding on to the ball, staring down receivers, running the option poorly, turning the football over, etc.. I think he deserves a thread of recognition(pun not intended). 13 for 17 for a career high 254 yards. 9 rushes for 45 yards with a TD and a 2-point conversion for a 5-yard per rush average. Hopefully he has turned the corner for good. With QB play like his vs. Bama and Ole Miss plus the D we've seen for most of the year, we are a pretty special team. Way to to Jordan Jefferson!

1 person likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Confidence is a great thing.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

People here don't want to hear that. They've got so much invested in criticizing the kid over the past 2 years that they can't face the music when he turns out to be a decent QB.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If he could just be that guy consistently, he would have been an all SEC quarterback. Maybe he is our Jason Campbell, and his SR. season will be a great one.

5. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I admit I never wanted to see the option again. But the way he's been running it the past couple of games has been huge.

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I guess the coaching staff might have a clue at the end of the day!

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Jefferson did have a great game.

It's never been about the coaches (during the game) for me. Our team reaching it's potential this year or next year comes down to QB play and NOT play calling.

JJ was awesome Saturday and, in turn, we ran for over 200 yards and threw for 250+ and scored 43 points.

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

LSU's QBs are so fire and ice that it's hard to know how to feel. JJ just had a great game against Ole Miss and I'm happy for him. But ULM was a bad game by both QB's. There's far too much inconsistency at the QB spot.

I HOPE TO GOD that the JJ we saw against Ole Miss comes to play for the rest of this season and all of next. I'm just having trouble believing it will happen.

JLee got more praise from me because of the way Miles threw him into the game and said, "Go win it with no meaningful snaps in two years." He still holds at least 2 if not 3 of our W's from this season on his back. . . .but from where I'm standing, I hope we get a good QB in our recruiting class because I'd take CONSISTENCY over what we've gotten from either QB in a heartbeat.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I'll go ahead and piss in the punch bowl now...

He lit up the worst pass D in the league... 3rd worst in yards, worst in INTs, worst in points allowed...

If he can do the same against Arkansas, I'll be impressed. Then again, Arkansas is horrible against the run, so hopefully his passing skills won't be needed that much.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Be that as it may, the fact that he was hitting his targets is still a success for him, regardless of how not tough the D he was facing was.