Great job Tiger Women!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NoDakSt, Mar 29, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The rematch with Baylor should be a good game. Both teams like to get up the floor. We will have a good height advantage on the Bears, they usually play 3 forwards for much of the time. They do have a 6"5' center but she is a backup.

When we played them in the tip off classic Sylvia was playing her 3rd college game ever and has improved a tremendous amount since then. Baylors best 2 scorers are forwards who do not take 3 pointers. I am thinking that LSU's defense will handle them pretty much the same way we have handled the other leading scorers in this tourney. Both of them are good though and both are over 6 ft tall.

In the first game we jumped out to a very large lead and let them back in the game and we rode Augustus pretty much the entire game. I think we will be more balanced and win by about 10 again.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah thats whats funny to me...hearing a local host today yap about LSU not being able to shoot the 3 and possibly not being able to come from behind.

hello mcfly? 12 points come to mind in 7 minutes????????

why shoot a 3 when you have what we have inside unless you have to?

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Their inability to shoot the three scares me sometimes.. I wish they could make 2 or 3 per game so the defense has to pull out to a perimeter, opening the lane...

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

find their per game # of attempts and percentage. im curious to see how they compare.

5. swoop

swoop Founding Member

I've never really sat down and watched a whole womens game. Great comeback by the ladies, but is passing in women's basketball usually that horrid? I was in awe at time at some of the ill-advised passes both teams attempted.

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Johnson is probably the most accurate from 3 point range but she does'nt take a lot of them.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I thought the turning point of the game last night came when Temeka nailed
    that trey just before the half. The momentum shifted dramatically from that point.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I find that the passing and just the fundamentals in general are better in the women's game than in the men's. Too many guys flying toward the hoop and above the rim in the men's game to worry about things like fundamentals.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hoston will get them when we need them.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis, when Willis heats up she's been great the last few games.