Great les quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 8, 2012.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Or terrible depending on your perspective. He was asked about benching mett for a running qb.

“Ideally, you’d like to have that quarterback in the game that gives a great advantage with him in the game and the ball in his hand as he dispenses it in the pass,” Miles said. “We really think Zach is that guy. We just need to make sure we get the ball to the guy that has it coming, who by strategy the defense has left not as well covered. We need to catch it and advance the ball. If we do those things, we’ll be fine.”

I'm really shocked the offense is confused after reading that. That is hilarious. You can't make that shit up.

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Lol

He also said, "We are a predictable bunch. We're going to run it, or we're going to pass it."
    Really? You don't say? :p

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Only Les...

We all know by now that he's not a great public speaker. That's an understatement of the year. My only hope is that, when he's around the team, he's more relaxed and doesn't have to be so guarded with his responses, so he's able to carry on a normal conversation and not what we hear when he's being interviewed.

b_leblanc likes this.
  4. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

Comments like these are to be expected. In fact, this incoherent rambling is the norm with Les Miles. I'd be shocked if he uttered a few sentences that one could comprehend.

We have to consider that his thought processes may very well mirror the manner in which he attempts to speak. That's scary.

I seriously don't even think that Les himself knows what he's attempting to convey.

5. tirk

It's why I like him. This stuff cracks me up.

He talks fine with the team and conveys his message quite emphatically. But in front of a mic hes scared to say anything of meaning and thats what you get.

As long as mett dispenses it in the pass to the guy that has it coming

and by strategy the defense has not as well covered

And just well, be sure to catch and advance the ball

we will be just fine.

Translation for humans:

throw to the open guy. Catch it.

Unfortunately that wasnt the question. Awesome.

4EvrLSU and b_leblanc like this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

good translation.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Remember last year, when we were undefeated and blowing everyone out, whenever he spoke in circles like he's known for, people would say that he was a genius that thinks on such a higher level than anyone else, so of course we don't understand what he's saying.

Now, the perception of some is that he's back to being a mumbling buffoon. What a difference a year makes.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I liked his response after the Florida game in '10, about the fake FG that bounced off the ground.

Interviewer: "Coach, were you worried when the ball hit the ground?"

Miles: "When the ball goes down, it must go back up."

Miles is a goofball, but he's our goofball, so we might as well embrace him.

Herb, LSUTyga73 and tirk like this.
  9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I love it. Notice he didn't answer the question. I think the convoluted speech is a diversionary tactic that allows him to NOT answer a question while convincing the interviewer that he somehow has. Genius.

10. tirk

No one with an iq above room temperature truly believes he's a genius. He doesn't even know what he's saying.

HalloweenRun likes this.