Great LSU feature on ESPN.com...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Man....I got goosebumps thinking about that...and it's just now 15 after noon on Thursday...

They got the name of the HATT wrong, and they should have gotten the Krewe of Ragoo involved, but then again, I'm guessing the HATT's tailgates are a TAD more mild than the debauchery I witnessed last Saturday...If they put the KOR in there, it would have been an R-rated article, to be sure...

Seriously, that was nice....It's always nice to see guys with real writing talent down here to absorb it all and then report back. Dubois with the Advocate is okay, and Rabalais occassionaly turns in some prose...

But, mostly, we don't have too much writing talent that's not anti-LSU or crotchety (Sorry, Finney and the TP, but that was a shot at you)...

I think I might have to take some Valium tomorrow to make it through till Saturday morning...

3. J2K

J2K Founding Member

That has to be the best article I've ever seen about LSU written by someone outside of the state, hell even inside the state. That is great.

4. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

Great article. Man I miss Louisiana!

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

John Ed Bradley wrote an article about LSU that appeared in SI's College Preview Edition last year that was one of the best pieces of sports literature I've ever read...

You ought to look into finding a copy of it and reading it...It was amazing...

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

"Others would just say, "Death Valley" and leave it at that. But not LSU. Here, it's "Welcome to Death Valley." That's beautiful. It's like descending into Hell and finding a sign that reads, "Satan Invites You to Enjoy Eternal Damnation."

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I wonder if he would be as moved after a visit to Clemson.

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

only way that would happen...is if that stupid rock they rub starts granting wishes.

9. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

Great article, very accruate!! Everyone I have ever talked to that experienced LSU gameday for the first time has had similar sentiments.

10. tigeralum02

tigeralum02 Freshman

WOW!!! Brings a tear to my eye and sends chills up my spine. That article was amazing! I now live on the west coast where no one really understands what football in the south is really like. It's nice to get some national attention that really captures the Tiger Spirit!!!

:lsug: Beats the Dawgs 28-24!!!