Great Quote on LSU Sports

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 6, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

This is an excellent quote in the LSU Reveille news paper today by John Brady. I think this sums up what I have been saying for a while now.

"It's just the public, they change so quickly...... But let me tell you the most important thing about all of this- the players on the LSU basketball team. That's the most important thing. It's not about me, it's not about any of the [media], it's about those players that play for LSU." "And if I were concerned about the LSU basketball team and those players, if I were a fan or a writer or supporter, I would support them all I could to help them play the best they could possibly play. That's what I would do if I cared about LSU and its team." "When the season is over, if you don't like the guy in charge, you can take shots all you want. I stand on my own. But don't hurt those players and their chance to do the best they can by being critical when criticism is not really necessary. That would be my approach. That would be my plea. Do it for the players. Support the players. Be supportive, not divisive."

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Exactly. True fans know this already. The rest of you, take heed.

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

I thought it was great how they gave all the students a free LSU basketball shirt at the early games.

Oh nevermind, the shirt didn't say LSU Basketball.... it said BRADY BALL.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That is a great quote.

I think Brady Ball is a take off of the shirts given out in 2000-2001 season that said "Brady's Bunch" and were made by the guys that sit up front. They got sponsorships and decided that was what they wanted to call themselves and thus print on the shirt. Duke has the Cameron Crazies. Who cares what's on the shirts?