GREAT START TO THE BASKETBALL WEEK.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

And i wondered why Tony Gipson didn't play saturday. he was red hot from 3 pt range coming into the game. looks like we won't see him again til next year.....no the article doesn't say that but being that it is academics I don't think there is such thing as partial semester ineligibility for not making grades only full semester............unless this is a Brady suspension. We'll see. According to the article details will be released today.

http://www.theadvocate.com/stories/012103/spo_lsunts001.shtml

this hursts the guy was starting to play well.

2. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Casaulties of 2003
    1) Johnson
    2) Trask
    3) Gipson
    4) ?????
    5)
    6)

Glad to see Brady "HAD" a full limit of scholarships this season--at the rate he is going we have another three players to lose before the season ends.

Keep up the Great Work Coach B and Ohhh Keep the Faith!

Only a few more weeks until LSU has a new Basketball Coach NOT named Brady!

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Uh, moderator aren't you suppose to be nice and kiss us loyal poster's a$$e$? go back and hide on your political views forum.

Accept it TULover, Brady isn't going anywhere....just like UNO isn't either.

Johnson is an a$$-pimple, Trask couldn't make his grades, and it doesn't look like Gipson can either. if they aren't going to hold up their end of the bargain then they shouldn't be playing.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Gipson

Gipson may be gone for the year but it sounds like Brady wants him back next year. He seems to be the odd man out right now but he may be needed down the road. Brady seemed to handle the situation well.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

All Brady can do to keep kids eligible is point them in the right direction. If the kid has study hall and tutors and fails anyways then maybe he isn't the brightest guy. Brady can't take the tests for him.

Brady's statement: "In the six years we have been here at LSU, we have graduated eight players with thee more on line to graduate in May or this summer. We have the distinction of being the only Division I basketball program in the country with a PH. D. and a graduate school student playing significant minutes on our team. We have just completed our best semester as a team in terms of the success we experienced in the classroom. Each of our signees for next year has already met the NCAA qualifications for certification and are excellent students.

"In spite of these successes, sometimes a student-athlete doesn't do what is required. With the support, knowledge, help and guidance Tony Gipson received this past semester, he was not able to meet the necessary requirements to continue to be able to play the remaining games this season. Our coaching staff, along with (Executive Director) Dr. Roger Grooters in the Academic Center worked with Tony, but we came up short in all our efforts in one class. Tony realizes what he did not do, takes responsibility for that; but he is a very capable student and will work through this temporary setback in order to play the following two seasons at LSU. We are looking forward to him being a significant part of our team the next two years."

Good to see ol' Tuwho still yearns for Tim Floyd. I was scared that the Tigers early season success had turned him to Brady's side. And we don't want that because none of his predictions about anything this basketball season were correct.

6. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Really? Who broke the Courtney Trask story!:p

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

True, but breaking a story was not a prediction - merely delivering news. BTW, I can't believe you weren't posting when Trask actually quit after taking so much flak from the 1st time. Maybe you should make the bold prediction that sometime this year Torris Bright, Ronald Dupree, Collis Temple and Brad Bridgewater will no longer be on the team. :D

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Bready and Gottfried gone in three weeks?

Ole Miss kicks butt again. I know Gottfried has no talent and Brady can't coach. ;)

Broke the Trask story? I had read that rumor on the Tiger Town board a couple of days before I saw your post here Tuhoo. You will have to be more prompt in posting what you read on other bulletin boards if you want to regain any credibility here.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Cockroaches only come out in the dark.

10. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

YET ANOTHER FANTASTIC FEAT FOR THE BASKETBALL PROGRAM

Well as usual Brady has perfected his coaching techniques he is so well known for. At this point I would be willing to settle for any basketball coach who can actually teach his players to progress under him and a coach that the players actually want to play for.

As I have stated for over a year now--the Brady era is almost finished thank God and LSU Basketball will very shortly enter into one the greatest periods of its existence ever. We have all the ingredients except for the coach.

Any Coach will do at this point!

Sorry SabanFan, Rogyu, and my other "Fans" who have expressed their deep disappointment in my lack of knowledge of what a good coach can do for a team--perhaps you guys are right? :p

PS
    Can someone tell me why Coach Brady refused to have a post game interview? Wait don't tell me--he was hoarse from yelling.