GREAT START TO THE BASKETBALL WEEK.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 21, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: YET ANOTHER FANTASTIC FEAT FOR THE BASKETBALL PROGRAM

2. -T-

-T- Founding Member

You have made it clear that you will support Brady no matter how bad things are. So shouldn't you be asking your last question to yourself?

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I said repeatedly they sucked against Ole Miss and Arky. I said the players played bad and the coaches coached bad. But I will also say they played well and were well coached when they win. You disappear when they win.

4. SabanFan

Exactly. That's what's so irritating. I even shouted out for TuWho after the Arizona win but he was nowhere to be found. If the bashers would acknowledge a good job and not just slither out after a loss, the reaction wouldn't be so venomous.

5. -T-

-T- Founding Member

I came on either this board or the other one and talked about how bad Arizona shot the ball. Arizona played very bad and shot horribly. I never felt Brady was a good coach even in the '99-'00 season. The way he played guys like swift and smith 35 minutes in 40 point blowouts was ridiculous. He ran up the score as much as he could and only put the walk-ons in with a minute or two to go. He was very very lucky to not have a major injury that year because of playing starters so late in blowouts. The man is just plain arrogant and is really not a good basktball coach. I'd mention him in his first year going to a high school practice and taking notes, then running the same offense and practice drills at LSU, but Brady supporters never like to hear that one. Hard to believe, but true.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

http://www.lsusports.net/ad/sportlink.cfm?pagecode=mb-00stats

Link to results of 99-00 season. I don't see too many 40 point blowouts after SEC starts. And as for preseason, it was a young team learning to play together. Stro had played like 10 games before that season so he needed game experience. And what's the point of scheduling games if you aren't going to play players that will be useful later in the season.

And besides, Brady knew that his borrowed practice drills were no good and Stro needed game experience to learn. ;)

7. SabanFan

You must be a real joy to be around.