Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. stephenj

stephenj Founding Member

If Flynn plays like this - overthrowing open receivers and throwing blindly into coverage (he was lucky to not have 3-4 INTs today) we won't beat Florida.

1 person likes this.
  2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

If Flynn's ankle is still this bad and the weather is as bad as it was today, then, yeah, I would agree with you.

...But it's NOT ALL Flynn. I don't see you jumping on J. Mitchell for all his dropped passes.

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I agree. In his defense Mitchell dropped 3 passes in the first quarter that were easy catches. On the other hand Flynn was terrible in the second half. We might pull a Tebow/Leak on them this year like they pulled on us last year.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

We still can't over look the fact that we DID NOT play a great game offensively, and played a sloppy 4th quarter defensively, yet we STILL won by 2 scores.

Even great teams don't ALWAYS play great....but great teams find ways to win. At least we did that today.

Look out Tulane! You're going to face a WHOLE LOT of pissed off Tigers next week.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We're 4-0, enjoy the rest of the games.

1 person likes this.
  6. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Of course you werent impressed with Flynn. He was injured, it was raining, and his leading reciever was out. It doesnt help when your recievers drop passes.

4 people like this.
  7. edyel

edyel edyel

That sums it up perfectly! We all wanted a blowout but due to team injuries the rain and USCe being more jacked up than they will be all year,the Tigers did pretty well. :thumb:

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

USCe is no slouch...we played a good first half...and the weather definitely slowed us down. I got on CockyTalk.com a little while ago, and some of them were saying how they were just as fast as us. My opinion? I'm as fast as the Tigers on a field like that. I saw several instances where our guys slipped on the wet grass.

Flynn didn't play up to his potential, in large part because he knew he was unable to run...because of his ankle...AND field conditions. Perriloux was better running the ball in those conditions. I guess he's what they call "a mudder". Really, Perrilloux has impressed me every game this year...but Flynn hasn't exactly disappointed.

9. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Flynn's a good QB. He was playing hurt, gutting it out, but he was clearly pretty ineffective. I don't really know why he kept playing when it became clear that he was throwing very inaccurately and couldn't run. Perrilloux's been nothing short of fabulous when he's gotten a chance. He could have taken over in the 4th quarter and the game probably would have ended something more like 35-10.

I don't want to be a guy who thinks a closer than expected win is almost as bad as a loss, because it surely isn't, but Flynn's injury really limited us this game, and I'm pretty sure Perrilloux would have been a much more effective QB.

10. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I agree. Perrilloux should have played a lot more. And when he did play he just ran it most of the time.