Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

not impressed by Flynn??? The kid was playing with a high ankle sprain in inclement weather.

Me?? not impressed with Jared Mitchell..as a receiver or as a punt returner.

Anyway...great win!! I agree AtlantaBengel...great teams find a way to win.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

oh...have to mention...GREAT job OL!!! :champs:

1 person likes this.
  3. edyel

edyel edyel

My only guess is because Miles plays the guys who have seniority whether they are getting it done or not,ie AB. Don't get me wrong I want Flynn to be the starter,he earned it, but tonight,after the half we needed to torch the cocks and Flynn was gimpy. But I'm not the coach of the #2 team in the nation so my opinion is moot. Go Tigers!:thumb:

4. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

When big plays are there, you have to make them. I don't particularly like the way the ball often comes out of Flynn's hand.

The poor decisions can be corrected. A lot of that, I think, was lack of rhythm, but he's lucky he didn't throw a pick six when it was 21-7.

It is ridiculous that Perrilloux wasn't allowed to throw a pass until late in the fourth quarter.

I was disappointed with the personnel usage today. Keiland Williams should get more carries. The way the line was blocking, I think he would have broken one.

5. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

Amen brother Grit! Can we get a Amen from the choir?!?

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Good take. In hindsight, I would have liked to have seen us pull Flynn aside, pat him on the back for a gutsy performance, but "have a seat. Take this time to get extra rest on that ankle and let us run out the clock."

I'm not going to be critical of the offense (certainly NOT the running game), nor will I be overly critical of the defense, but I find myself disappointed that we didn't just rest Flynn when the game was 28-7 late in the 4th quarter...and again, what I feel now was in hindsight...

7. edyel

edyel edyel

Amen:thumb:

8. BostonBengal

AMEN!!!!

9. BostonBengal

With Flynn's ankle situation being as it is, and next week's game against Tulane, does anyone other than myself feel Flynn should only get perhaps a quarter of play? --you know, just to get his throwing mechanics down before Florida comes to town??

I'm not trying to spark a QB debate. RP has played excellent, but Flynn will, and should, remain our "starter" (though both will play regularly). I just wouldn't want extensive play by Flynn to make his injury take longer than needed is all.

10. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I am not dissapointed in the offense at all. Flynn is hurt and we are missing some key play makers. The fake field goal was a classic and the look on Miles' face and on the Visor's fase was classic.
    I hated the wet field and all of the slipping down by both teams - it really made a big difference in the game. The Tiger defense had several clear pick offs but because of footing could not close the deal

All in all - We are 4 and 0; 2 and 0 in confernece play and that includes wins ove 2 ranked teams. Great was to start the season.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: