Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Amen! Matt couldn't take off with his usual quickness. I think the ankle affected some of his throws. Did you see the tape on the ankle??? Big one...

I thought RP should have played more in the second half, I think we'll need 2 healthy ones against Fla. Tebow is the real deal, and Urban is NO MYTH. Believe it, it will be a real tussel.

As far as the defense, we have been playing high school offenses up till today. The road got a lot harder, starting today. I'll take this win over #12 team and happily go on down the road. Ever notice how many starters go to the bench against us, and the backups come in and do better? LSU, the better backup QB's best friend.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Flynn seemed obviously gimped up, when he ran, it was tenative, RP is capable and we're in good shape. Every QB at LSU has had games like today, Hodson, Mauck, Davey, etc.

And remember, the most popular player on LSU is always the 2nd team QB

1 person likes this.
  3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

We still dominated a #12 team with a nicked up QB, no "goto guy" for a reciever, and we lost a starting defensive lineman too. We did exactly enough to get by SC with no problem. Flynn will have off days, so will RP.. Glen Dorsey forgives them both.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and i'm not impresses by some of our fans..... :dis:

5. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

i love to see Flynn in there (as you can probally see from all the bragging that i taked to him wednesday night)

and I know the field was torn up and sloppy, and it was raining, but none of that really has anything to do with my problem right now.

When Matt drops back, he sits in the pocket (which our O- line was amazing)
    and stares down his reciever. And does not check out when his first is not open..

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Why can't we enjoy a win instead of bitching about all the things that could have been done better?

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

It's ridiculous to rag on Flynn. He had an off game and he took responsibility for it. The only complaint I had was they should have rested Flynn in the second half to protect his ankle and let Perriloux run the offense. SC's defense knew Flynn could not run and the rain was affecting the passing game so they loaded up for LSU running the ball. If Perriloux would have been in it would have spread the SC defense a little more.

Aside from that we have a very deep, strong, dominating team. I love the play calling! Gary Crowton may be the best OC LSU has ever had. Of course all the talent makes a big difference as well.

:geauxtige:helmet:

1 person likes this.
  8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Other than the thread opening post...there hasn't been anyone that said Perriloux should be the starter over Flynn...just that he didn't look sharp today. That's true. He didn't. It is what it is. I'm sure he played his best with his ankle, and the field conditions. But he didn't look good today, like it or not. I think he should be the starter,(if he's healthy), but when we're up 28-7, and he's not having a good day...let the OTHER great QB finish it off.

That's all I have to say about that right now. I just think it's silly that people can't make reasonable statements...positive or not.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Amen. :confused: We did win, right???

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

What??? SaltyOne has laid down tha hammer--Thou Shalt Not Question Mr. Flynn, or his coach!!!

I know, I know...it's insane to ask why an injured QB should give way to an 110% healthy, Parade All-American QB in a crucial conference game versus a Top 12 team.

Call me crazy, but I as an LSU fan am pulling for a 14-0 season. I'd like to--stay with me now--put the best 22 players on the field that can be put on the field.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, what a *concept*...