Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Hmm...

2. vector4

vector4 Founding Member

compare last years 2 "off" game vs today's "off" game

i like our team :lsup:

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Id rather Perrilloux be the starter, but its not because I dislike Flynn. And obviously the coaches see more then me in practice so I support their decision.

4. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I really think you guys should take a second look at what Flynn did against Miss. State and VT. If you have that game on tape or DVR take another look at some of the throws he made. Slow mo the throws and see him fitting the ball between defenders. See him throw just over the linebacker but underneath the defensive backs. When Flynn is on he is very accurate. I think today was a combination of...... Slop, his ankle(which affects his accuracy), and inexperienced receivers.

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Flynn's ankle must be really bothering him. This is the first time I have watched him that he looked slow.

The only good pass he made today was on the fake FG. :)

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Flynn had a bad day, like most have said, which should most likely be attributed to his injury and the disruptive weather. Also, S Carolina is no slouch of an opponent.

I'm confused why Perrilloux didn't get more and more complete play time today, especially later on in the game. I doubt he would have done worse than Flynn. Again, like most, based on what we have seen Flynn should be the #1 QB. He is a great manager of the game. He just couldn't bring his best to the table today. We still got the W and Flynn did his part in it, but I'm not sure he was the best option today throughout considering all variables.

I'm also a little disappointed we went conservative so early, though it was really a sound decision. It was the statistical choice, especially considering the condition of the field and the condition of our starting QB, but it was a little too conservative for my liking.

Of course, most of us are nitpicking. This was a strong win against a substantial opponent (maybe the best we've faced all year). Spurrier kept his guys playing for 60 minutes and didn't give up until our final possession. He got some pressure on our punter (which is probably a blessing in disguise).

Great game by Hester, Holliday, Perrilloux, the OL, the defense, and Crowton.

Next up... Geaux to hell Tulane. :tigerhead

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Flynn was far from healthy. He had little mobility and couldn't run. He couldn't push of his back foot when he passed, causing him to be inaccurate. And the field conditions, especially in the 2nd half, were awful.

I have no idea why he was in there in the 2nd half. We went conservative in the 2nd half by running the ball, which was fine, but RP could have done that.

Hope he sits out the Tulane game so he can be ready to go for Florida.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

thread poster just wants responses, he is clearly aware of the effects of rain and muddy footing on a QB.

9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

FLynn just had a bad game. We play in the superdome next. I am really looking forward to a game with a dry field. Seems like nearly every game so far has been in the rain or on a at least damp field.

10. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Since some ain't smart enough to figure out why MF stayed in the game I will tell you.....It's called senior leadership! I would have much rather win by 12 then lose because of an sophomore interception of fumble, but hey that's just me. :dis:

1 person likes this.