Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

An interception by Flynn is better than an interception by Perrilloux? Didn't Flynn throw one interception and quite a few other wounded ducks throughout the second half? This isn't a knock on Flynn, I think we all realize he was far from 100%.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Amazing isn't it?
    If I didn't know better you would think we weren't 4-0 from a few of these rediculous threads.
    I remember a time when we had to play cupcakes at the beginning of the season so that the team could get use to playing with each other.

The most impressive thing about this coaching staff is that this team comes to play with attitude, they are also ready to play early, they also play to win and not to lose like previous years.:geauxtige

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

This poster is a poser, just look at how many posts, probably a Bama poser.

4. mamou the tiger

mamou the tiger Freshman

Guys were starting to sound like our counterparts from the WestCoast. High ankle sprains,field conditions, inexperienced WRs... enough of the excuses. Flynn is not playing chapionship caliber football, at least not his first 3 games.Right now he is mediocre at most. He IS missing wide open receivers, missing reads, and after that flea flicker ,Im convinced he doesnt have a great arm.For our sake Im hoping he comes around very soon.

1 person likes this.
  5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Anybody with an ounce of common sense should wonder what they were thinking, keeping Flynn in the game in the second half. He couldn't run and couldn't throw due to injury.

This is a long season, so I don't understand having him play on a gimpy ankle when there's a perfectly viable option available.

I understand the risk of RP throwing a bad interception, but it was Flynn that made three unusually bad decisions with the ball.

Why not let him sit out the rest of the game, give his ankle more time, and have him ready for Florida!?

6. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

the only reason I can think of that Flynn played most of the game is that the coaches wanted to keep him sharp ( i use that word loosely) for the rest of the season. Personally i think that was risky against a team like USC.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Flynn missed a sure TD pass, and threw one ball that should have been picked and scored by SC, early enough when it still could have made a difference. Senior leadership didn't prevent his mistakes yesterday. Flynn was playing hurt and he was off his game; he should not have been in there.

8. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

May be best to sit him next week.

9. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Yes he had a not so good game BUT we won! I will take a win any day. Could we have been a better team with RP in there maybe so? We could also be sitting here talking about a loss because of a int or a fumble by RP. We will win a NC because of MF not RP.

I don't trust underclassmen QBs in games like this when the momentum could easily turn on a big play by the defense.

10. ecinabed

ecinabed Freshman

Amen......from here....I would also like to point out...a small fact....our ground game was working extremely well.....wet...rainy... slippery etc..... why did we even have to throw sooooo many times to Jared Mitchell of all players? Why not just continue to run the ball on the Game Cocks. I recon we should scrutinize the coaches thought patterns a wee bit too.
    EC