Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I have to think this was the logic because we also don't want MF to become rusty, which will happen if he sits too much.

That being said, I was hoping that we'd just put in RP for the 4th quarter. He had a good game today, and he was a run threat, unlike Flynn. Also, I would've liked to have seen RP throw more than once. He can do both, so make defenses respect that.

I'm not sure why Byrd and Tolliver were not more involved in the offense, and Dickson is looking good; especially with Doucet out, we need to get our TE's involved in the offense (we are more than we previously have under Fisher.)

The RB's look good, but get KW more carries. He's a playmaker.

1 person likes this.
  2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is so basic that I hesitate to point it out,but, do you think Spurrier might stack the box to prevent the run if that's all we're doing?

3. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

FYI.... A wet football is heavier to throw than a dryfootball. It is only natural to put a little extra zip on the ball. I would be concerned if MF was underthrowing.

:geauxtige :geauxtige

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

seems the ball sails on flynn most of the time. usually, that would be due to excitement/nerves though it seems to trouble him even as the game wears on. this was before the ankle problem but something he will need to correct pre-gators. We also need a running flynn by then.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He throws the exact same way as John Parker Wilson. It seems as if they get tentative on certain throws, whether they are tough throws or the guy is almost too wide open. But, it seems as if they try to hard and their mechanics go wrong and and the ball floats.

6. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

I will agree with you on that. Now you have me thinking....MF hasn't been in a close/tight game in the 2nd half......Could the coaching staff be giving RP more snaps in a game, just in case?? (Not trying to stir the pot, but you got me thinking a little).....

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think i have a changing assessment of sarah jessica. He looks as cool and calm as broadway joe one game then rattled the next. dorsey will help decide which one shows up in gumpville.

I would certainly rather see a healthy MF in a come from behind game than RP. although perrilloux has looked to have a certain calmness/confidence that you cant teach thus far.

not so sure that would be the case in a game as big as UF.

8. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Once again, I agree wth you. I woulod much rather have MF in the game against UF. He is a mature QB for this being his 1st season as the starter.

9. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

A win is a win is a win. 1 point or 100. (Though a blowout is sure a lot of fun!)

I hope the coaches don't show anything they don't have to show to win. You can bet that fake field goal was something they wanted the future competition to see - and worry about. I really believe Crowton has a lot of fun stuff in the playbook, but won't show it till the time is JUST right...

I do, however, think RP should have played the entire second half just to give MF a rest.:eek:ldskule:

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Unfortunately, these days that is not true. Except for the blowouts, they are still fun.