Great win, but not impressed by Flynn ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stephenj, Sep 22, 2007.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Yeah, I know that the humans still count margin of victory, though I've heard that the computers don't.

But no matter who's counting, W is still better than L. :eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Here's a slightly different angle on the "why didn't RP play more" question.

During the press interview on ?Monday? evening, Miles went out of his way to explain that certain younger players still weren't mature enough to forget about last week and stick with the gameplan for THIS week. And he mentioned RP by name, twice. I can only guess he was referring to a couple of plays where maybe RP tried to run it himself when he should've either pulled up and thrown or possibly optioned the ball to the RB.

So, perhaps, the coaches know something about RPs reliability as a team leader and a team player at this point? Maybe his success against MTSU went to his head a bit and he made some decisions against SC that the coaches didn't like?

You have to admit, "he's got moxie" - Les' quote, not mine. There is such a thing as too much "moxie".

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's super! Ugh... Maybe this kid isn't as great as we all thought. Miles sure seems to be less than impressed with him through his comments to the media. I remember he said something like "Flynn did good, and the other quarterback did some good things too."

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Great athletes must have a certain degree of swagger. I get that from RP. Remember, he's been quite humbled from the days of declaring he's unseat MF and JR.