great win

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its not. Its in another Steveiller song Enter Maurice that didn't get the airplay that The Joker did

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yes he did, I laughed pretty hard and so did Gordie.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Is that the same Jennings that threw the winning TD pass?

And Ole Miss couldn't go a goddamned thing about it. 12 straight runs on that TD drive and then a pass that caught everybody by surprise. Funny how that works.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Is there any video/audio on this?

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Depends on how drunk you are when you're singing it

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Red, I don't think anyone deny s that Jennings threw a nice pass. The problem is that there are not but 1-2 of those a game. Cam took shots, but Jennings needs to be far more consistent.

There were some really bad throws by him last night.

Good win regardless.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We surely need to be a better passing team with experienced quarterbacks having more consistency. No doubt about it. But when we ain't there yet, so we must be happy to win with what we have. Beats the shit out of losing, doesn't it? Jennings outplayed Wallace didn't he? We are going to become a better passing team, but it takes time with young quarterbacks.

KyleK likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He certainly did. I never saw that coming. I was dreading 4 failed runs.

StaceyO and shane0911 like this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree we need to be extremely happy with a win over a quality opponent. More importantly the O-line has progressed these last 3 weeks to a point where we thought we would be coming into the season. We can obviously win games with defense and running the ball without much of a threat in the passing game. Thank God.

I just don't buy the "he just needs more experience". The kid is limited in much the same way as JJ. It's readily apparent when you watch the games unfold. He has no ability to look off to a 2nd receiver. When a QB is handcuffed in that way, he has little chance of succeeding. This looks just like JJ. JJ never got better, even with this "he'll get better with experience" mantra you're hanging on to.

Now if you want to say that about Harris, then I see your point quite clearly. That kid will get much better over time. Why he doesn't know the goddamn playbook is beyond me and an ultimate failing by this coaching staff. Unacceptable that this kid was not fast tracked to try and win the starting position. We've heard this kid speak, he is not stupid. He doesn't think Thomas Jefferson is moving on up to the East side.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, I think LSU could have won with Both QB's (Bo or Jennings). The running game that we had, Ole Miss wasn't stopping.