Green, Bowe, Davis, Hill, Doucet & Carter. Try and cover them all..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Veritas, Jan 25, 2004.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I think anytime a quarterback throws an interception, it looks bad. At times it's difficult to tell if it's the quarterback that made the mistake (I am not saying that Matt never did), or if the defence outplayed the offence in the big games. Even the good passing quarterbacks like Eli, White or Greene got their fair share of interceptions by the LSU Defence. Nonetheless I still think Matt does deserve some credit in the wins. Would anyone think that without Matt this season or in any of the late and post season games that the Tigers stand a chance to win these games???
    ________
    Kid Zoloft

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Devery Henderson and Michael Clayton were very good. Do not get me wrong.

But the crop of receivers we have now has put LSU on another level. These guys will far surpass ANY LSU team has ever done in the passing game. Get ready for 400+ yard passing games. It won't be hard when 2 or 3 of your passes are going for 70+ yard touchdowns.

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Never underestimate the value of a QB who is good at reading the defenses.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Never underestimate the value of a ~G~R~E~A~T~ offensive line to give a young QB time with a good running game and pass protection the time he needs. This game is won in the trenches first ... the blowouts start when you've assembled PURE SPEED & POWER like LSU has at the skilled positions.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats true but even with a great O line the QB needs to be adept at reading defenses and delivering the ball. It might not matter much against a rent a win team or a Moo U but against another top 10 team the QB needs to at least not lose the game.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Palm Bay's Xavier Carter chooses LSU.

Barbara Caywood in Florida Today

Xavier Carter

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You are so right.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

NO. If Matt would have went down, we end up with another mediocre season. IMO. The mistakes he made were minimal through the course of the whole season. The two that really come to mind was the 1st INT at Ole Miss and the 4th quarter at the Sugar. The D won both of those games.

10. Emme

Emme Freshman

I have heard from a reliable source that the reason Jimbo stayed at LSU was to have the opportunity to run an offense with J. Russell. There is a possibility that they will move Marcus Randall to a position on defense (not sure where), and that one of the reasons Mauck decided to leave was because he would probably not be the starter next year.
    This comment from Jimbo coupled with our stacked house of receivers could make for some exciting games next year.