Greeting from Kentucky, went to the game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WildcatMike, Jan 22, 2005.

1. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

This is what I witnessed in Rupp Arena. Bass, what can I say; I hope he stays next year, because he has NBA written all over him. Why in the world does Brady not run the offense from him is beyond me?

Big Baby Davis way too fat, I was down in Red Stick during the Thanksgiving holidays, saw the Tigers play ULA and UNO, the dude has gotten bigger. He is way too fat, he needs to lose weight! He is raw, but come on, a 7 ft 3 in center made him look like a fool at times. :rofl:

Guys, reading some of the post about the foul calling going against LSU, I thought it went both way, and at times, Davis got away with a lot of junk in the paint against Morris and Shag. :thumb:

Brady, the dude has got to stop worrying about the refs screwing the team, worrying about chewing out his players, and stop being such a big prick. And what was up with the snot rocket and wiping it on his suit. He also needs to get to Cohn Turner and dress a little better, IMHO! Just kidding, Brady needs to observe the floor and make adjustments; he is just too caught up worrying about jumping all over someone!

You guys have no bench!!!! Play Feltner, he was Mr. Basketball in KY, he had a nice game. Brady’s fault for not having a bench. Running off guys from the team will kill you down the road. Can not blame probation on the lack of depth. :cry:

Sure, it is nice to have the top recruiting class once in a while, but he has got to get some role players on the bench to compete in the SEC.

By the way, the chant at the end of the game was directed at Billy PACCker. Errupption Zone (student section) yelled for him to go home.

I have a feeling we will meet up in the tourney. You guys will improve…but will it be enough for the tourney? :yelwink2:

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Depends on recruiting...Some would say we've been doing well with Bass, Davis, Tack, the now departed Koundjia, and even Neltner (Not Feltner)...

But, we've been totally off in recruiting the most important position on the court...We've needed a good coach for 8 years now...

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

So I take it, TigerEducated, you didn't purchase one of the BradyBall t-shirts?

4. TigerEducated

Carface, an equation of sorts, if you will...

John Brady = the secret recipe in Jonesville Kool-Aid for College Hoops teams...

5. WildcatMike

Just to let you know, the year Neltner won Mr. Basketball was a very weak talent pool. The best player that year when he won it was an 8th grader, I am sure you have heard of him, O J Mayo and a sophomore from Maysville who ended up at UT.

Davis is raw, potential, but needs to get in shape. He was gassed at the end of the game. Bass is the best you guys have. He should make the jump to the next level. I think Brady is holding him back way too much.

Still feel Brady went after the grand prize in recruiting instead of going after role players and building a bench. Sometimes having a great class does not blend in the locker room.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Just an observation from today.... I watched multiple games today (Bama, UNC, UConn, etc..) and comparing what I have seen today, to what I witnessed on the court by LSU today.... they don't even appear to be playing competitive basketball... more like street ball. Most teams go down the court, pass around the arch, giving most players a touch and then finding an open man inside for points... we run down the court and start our offense from 5 ft behind the arch most times throwing up a NBA 3 pter or Bass/Davis has to drive from the top of the key inside... we also have given up on offensive boards and in transition D if a player gets behind us then we just give up.

7. TigerEducated

Stop the presses...We have the winner of the "Master of the Obvious" Award for TigerForums.com

8. WildcatMike

Have to disagree on this one. I thought LSU was trying to run set plays and at times was successful with Bass and Davis dropping down towards the basket for a shot. You have to understand about Tubby and Kentucky style of play, it is all about defense. If you don’t play defense, Tubby will yank you off the court in a heart beat. Why do you think the whole starting 5 was on the bench? He was unimpressed with the way they were performing on defense. I know Buike got chewed out pretty harsh when Bass burned him at the end of the half.

Another thing, the lack of the bench was the difference. I think the team was gassed at the end. Also, when UK was up by 15, Brady seems to call set to launch the 3’s to play catch up. I thought Tubby was toying with Brady all afternoon. Called the press, sub in players, and ran a fast style offense in the beginning. Tubby knew he was going to wear down the Tigers in the end.

9. WildcatMike

One more observation. Rondo made Tack look like a fool the whole game. Sorry to say this, you do not have anyone that can handle the ball. And another thing, you guys have no height.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I just came across a msg on another board from a Kentucky fan.... "Tubby would have LSU in the top 10 if he were coaching yall's team for a week". I found it rather profound for a wildcat.