Greeting from Kentucky, went to the game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WildcatMike, Jan 22, 2005.

1. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Hey Salty Big Baby is fat for a basketball player. Why does that upset you so that you have to call somebody a punk. If a person is too tall he is too tall if he is too fat he is too fat. Everyone who knows basketball knows he needs to lose weight. Just like Tac is too short. We need help and we all know it. Especially at the coach and recruiting positions.

2. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

Looks like sour grapes…ouch!!! Ahh yes, lets get in a pissing contest to see which University has the better program. Someone stated that Kentucky only has basketball. I simply stated that is not the case that they are doing well in other sports. No Saltyone, you did not do a very good job of researching. Guess what, LSU sucks in a lot of sports as well. It is nothing more than apples to apples…oranges to oranges.

Yes, have affiliations with both programs back in the day…can some of you say that? I believe I can be critical of both programs, I believe I have a right considering I gave my heart, sweat, and tears to both athletic programs. Yes, my true colors come out when LSU plays UK. Other than that game, I have on the Nike LSU gear and trying to follow the Tigers whenever I can. For gawd sakes, I got Sirius radio so I could listen to LSU games. I am proud to follow both programs.

For some of you, relax. Come on, you think I am going to get on this site and flame away. I am doing what some off you do on his site; state my opinion (notice opinion) on what I am observing. I am stating the obvious like others here on this site about the direction of the basketball program. Keep fooling you that LSU could have something; it won’t until Skip and the good old boys stop throwing all the money into football. Ah, sure some of you state he spent money on the PMAC. Like I said in the past, nothing but lipstick on a pig! It had o take a petition from the Evil Twins to the state and Skip to get something done to the facility.

Lets be honest, Davis is fat. Like some off you have never gotten on here or said off this site Jared Lorenzon is fat (by the way, I was critical of him being over weight). Think about it, Jared Lorenzon (Davis) size is playing in the paint for a SEC team. No, I would not insult him to his face…but I guarantee you that Brady has told him he needs to loose the weight. Guys, I saw the game yesterday from the stands…he was gassed after 5 minutes of play. You cannot expect Bass to put up numbers and the amount of time he plays in the post to make up for Davis’s lack of fitness. :)

Brady made his bed on the performance and the lack of depth on the team. Guys keep telling you that Brady gets the prize recruit, we will win. Guess what, he needs to get some role players that will come off the bench. By the way, it is not Brady who is recruiting, it is Butch (my opinion should be the coach). I have worked for Brady, what you see is what you get. He is abrasive and can be a prick. He needs to lighten up and stop being so damn mad on the sidelines. Trust me; he worries too much on how people are screwing to bring down the Tigers. Needs to stop being so abrasive with his players (i.e., players walking off the team, which hurts his bench in the future) and start observing the floor during the game to make adjustments. He did make one adjustment yesterday, only due to the fact his team was gassed (placed the zone defense).

LSU has potential, no doubt. Don’t think you are going to get a big time coach who wants to come in (Few, Creen, etc these guys are waiting for the gold mine). It is going to be an up-in-comer (ala, Anderson UAB) to turn it around. There is a reason why recruits leave the state and some stay (obvious Taz for Butch, Davis and Bass to stay in BR), look who is running the show. Enough said. Great discussion, fire away! :thumb:

By the way,
    :geauxtigs :D
    Go Big Blue :D

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    YAWNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZFARTZZZZZZZ
    YAWNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

So be critical of the program but don't degrade the players.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

One interesting article in this mornings Louisville Courier-Journal made much of Big Baby's statements to the effect of, "my teamates just didn't get me the ball....we can't win if I don't take more than 5 shots." The newpaper reporter seemed to want to make GD look selfish....BTW Wildcat Mike, as a "transplanted Tiger" in Central Kentucky I can tell you that UK absolutely SUCKS in virtually every other sport except for..... cheerleading (?). The one sport UK succeeds in besides basketball is "Pitino envy". Yesterday, I knew as soon as I saw the in-house referee John Clogherty, the Tigers were in trouble (when he retires, his striped shirt will hang from "Corrupt Arena". From what I saw, lots of non-calls that could have gone against UK. Would LSU have won? No way...face it...UK is that good, especially in a down SEC. You just can't ask 6 players to face the caliber of players they played yesterday and survive the entire game. :lsup: :geauxtigs :lsup:

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

did we watch the same game? that is completely untrue? most of the 3s attempted were off a pass. bass and davis were given the ball in a semi-post position many times. they just dont do it right. and it still ticks me that they dont drive and dish

7. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

What we really need is for someone to take the Greg Cook, Jose Vargas, Ricky Blanton role and AT LEAST make UK pay for putting up a highlight reel on LSU. I remember many games over the years where LSU gave UK a good game or beat them by taking them out of the pretty-boy offense that they like to run. We have a total watch and wave defense. Hint: Why have you never seen John Brady and Lou Tepper in the same place together?

8. LSUfbUKbb22

LSUfbUKbb22 Freshman

actually my sister was a chear leader for ULL and from what i hear Kentucky is one of the best. yes Uk chearleading! :lol:

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Just wanted to say that Devery Henderson said Hi and that you guys have no speed in the secondary.

10. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

Yes, just won another National Championship. I believe LSU squad finished 7th. :wink: