Greeting from Kentucky, went to the game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WildcatMike, Jan 22, 2005.

1. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

One interesting article in this mornings Louisville Courier-Journal made much of Big Baby's statements to the effect of, "my teammates just didn't get me the ball....we can't win if I don't take more than 5 shots." The newpaper reporter seemed to want to make GD look selfish

Seems that it came straight out of his mouth! Here is what he actually said after the game:

This is the very reason why you don’t have freshman talk to the press. You think Big Baby is going to get any calls in the SEC. He just made himself a marked man with the zebras! :shock:

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=14656

#34 Glen Davis
    On playing against Shagari Alleyne…
    “Yeah, a 7-3 guy what can I say, he is a tall and coordinated guy. He has come a long way and is smart with the ball and keeps it above his head. I played as tough as I can and he played pretty well.”
    On getting few shots in the first half…
    “The team wasn’t giving me the ball. I was playing as hard as I could and giving me five shots in the first half is not going to win the game. We have to remember that everybody on the team is important. Everyone has to do their part to win and we didn’t do that tonight.”
    On getting charges called against him…
    “It’s not usual. I guess they wanted to be roadkill. The second one he (Alleyne) said my bad.”

Yesterday, I knew as soon as I saw the in-house referee John Clogherty, the Tigers were in trouble (when he retires, his striped shirt will hang from "Corrupt Arena".

Yea, Clogherty gets checks in the mail from UKAA! Dude; ask any UK fan their opinion on the dim wit. We seem to think he has an axe to grind with us. Seem to me Big Baby was getting away with a lot of shoving in the paint. The game was poorly called on both ends.
    :grin:

BTW Wildcat Mike, as a "transplanted Tiger" in Central Kentucky I can tell you that UK absolutely SUCKS in virtually every other sport except for..... cheerleading (?). The one sport UK succeeds in besides basketball is "Pitino envy".

Yes, LSU should be tops in all sports. Look at the year-end issue of Sports Illustrated with amount of talentsin states. Looks like LA is rich in athletic talent. And yes, UK has other ranked teams in the top 25, Look at the non-revenue sports. :thumb:

Pitino envy…seems that you have been drinking the “Tards” kool-aid. Seems to be the opposite. After all, Pition said he left “Camelot”! By the way, Tubby has a better winning percentage compared to Rick. :hihi:

Glad to have you in Kentucky. Like to meet up one time during a game. There are several LSU fans in town. I go to Winchell’s on Southland Dr. to watch games. Central Kentucky is an awesome place to live. I hope all is well for you. :D

2. WildcatMike

Tell him nice catch! :rofl: :wink:

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

non revenue sports being such a big deal...I'm sure you guys puff your chests out about All-Conference Golf Team members, or SEC Eastern Division Swimming & Diving Championships...

LSU has one of THE most successful AD's in AMERICA, punk...One of the few programs that went to a BCS Bowl, had a team in the NCAA Hoops Tourney (With a SUCKASS COACH), and a team in the College World Series in one Calendar Year...

Our football team blows yours out of the water...Your men's hoops team is good, our women's hoops team is better, our baseball team is in the major leagues, and yours is barely getting an invite to an open regional tryout...Your softball team sucks, and we're WCWS yearly, and our men's & women's golf teams regularly rank in the Top 25...Did I even mention Track & Field?

Gimme a break...Renounce your LSU fan status...Because we really don't give three sh!ts here...

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I couldn't have said it any better my self. Brovo!

5. WildcatMike

Ahh, just love this pissing contest with each others program. For one, I could give a rats a-- about who is better in this sport and who is better in that sport…whoopee do! Big deal, so what you are saying, the women’s team is the only chance for a basketball team from LSU to get a whiff of a basketball championship? :shock: Let’s get back why this thread was started, what I saw yesterday from the stands. The basketball team has NO DEPTH, NO GUARD PLAY, AN OUT-OF-SHAPE PLAYER, and a COACH WHO DOESN’T GET IT! For gawds sakes, my wife who is a huge LSU basketball fan sees this! :cool:

Like you and others on this site have done today or in the past…have an opinion of the direction of the basketball team. Reading some of your post, you seem to agree with me on Brady and the way he is leading the program.

Slinging mud only goes so far. Discuss if you agree or disagree with my points. Poster was simply stating UK is only good in basketball. I simply was questioning the message, not the messenger with facts in all replied threads.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

PussyCatMike...

You said that Kentucky was "solid" in all programs...and they're not...They're not even close...They don't even register...

Kentucky Athletics outside of Basketball and their importance to the Division One collegiate athletics landscape equates to the political importance of Cameroon on a worldwide geopolitical ramification scale...

You made a statement, and I responded to it...You don't like my response, then leave your statement out of your next post...

:)

7. WildcatMike

Well, Tiger Non-Educated in anything of interest: rofl: :hihi: (you did say Pussycat); I would have to agree with this post. I did say that UK is solid in all sports…let me rephrase the statement; UK has teams that are doing well. Come on, you think I am going to have an argument that UK’s athletic program tops LSU.

There you go, you brought up the message that was presented, and I understand your point of view. Now let’s discuss the direction of the basketball program. I assume you agree with me on my opinion?

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Just about the only way Kentucky contributes to the SEC is basketball. You guys should leave and we'll take Louisville. Just my humble opinion.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Oh yea. "Punk"

10. WildcatMike

Here you go my LSU friend! :wink:

http://www.punkmagazine.com/

By the way, Mr. Papa Salty One just called, he wants his name back! :lol: