Greetings LSU Fans!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CarolinaTiger, Nov 8, 2002.

1. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

I'm a newbie here to your forum.

I'm a Auburn Tiger, not a LSU Tiger, however...but i did live in baton rouge for a few years while i worked at Dow in plaquemine. miss the food badly!

i've seen a few lsu posters over on wareaglenation and thought i'd come over here to see if all of you are as bad as those guys are :D

even though i'm an auburn fan, i never attended there...i have 2 degrees from the U of Alabama, though. i'd be interested in your thoughts on the upcoming game w/ the tide. it's in baton rouge, isn't it?

i attended a couple of bama/lsu games there when i lived there and absolutely loved the atmosphere.

bama looks strong, and lsu can't be as bad as they looked vs. auburn. hopefully it'll be a great game, but given that i'm still hopeful for auburn to make the SECCG, i'll have to pull for the tide in that one *gag*.

ct

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Backs to the wall

LSU must do or die. A loss this weekend will knock us out of the Top 20 and maybe Top 25.

How does a Bama grad become an Aubie fan? That seems strange.

3. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

well, i grew up an auburn fan because my dad went there.

i weathered being an 'aubie' during the decade of the 70s (when bama won about 9-10 in a row), and i figure nothing will change me if that didn't.

i went to UBama because of the programs they offered in what i was interested in.

GREAT win on saturday vs. the wildcats. one of the most spectacular finishes i've ever seen...even if it did all but doom auburn's chances at winning the west.

ct

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Can you wear your AU stuff around Bama? Do you get heckled?

5. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

the first time i wore an auburn sweatshirt, my wife was genuinely concerned for my safety.

i didn't wear 'aubie' stuff very much, but i did tell every class i taught at UA that i was an auburn fan. every other year i was "ok" because auburn won. that also means that every other year was not-so-"ok".

i had several athletes in my classes, and it's hard not to pull for them when you get to know them and appreciate how hard some of them work.

i've been away from tuscaloosa for a couple of years now, and most of the student-athletes i taught are long gone now, so it's getting easier to root against them more and more....

yet, given auburn's plight in the SECW, i find myself having to pull for bama > lsu this year.

*sigh*

ct

6. CrimsonPirate

CrimsonPirate Founding Member

CT, you were in the same boat, to some extent, that I now find myself. I've lived in LA going on 25 years. Whenever I wear my Bama stuff, I get a few comments. Thing is, the LSU fans I know can't understand that I actually pull for them when they're not playing Bama.

I've heard of guys going to Bama and being Auburn fans and vice versa. That must be a strange feeling.

7. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I too cheer for LSU when they aren't playing my Tide. My renegade daughter is even a LSU grad as is her inlaws. This week is called "Family Feud Week"

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nice job of sucking up, CT

Before some of you get caught up in his nicey nicey talk you might want to check out his pre-Kentucky game posts on WEN.

9. CrimsonPirate

CrimsonPirate Founding Member

10. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Actually, Bayou, I've witnessed it a lot...

When I was in law school at UA, it was the only (non-night) law school in the state. We didn't have to take the bar exam - just graduate. Quite a few guys went to AU undergrad, and then they came to Bama for law school. Their hatred for and bitterness towards Bama was unbelievable. I guess it came from being forced to go to a school that you detested.