Greetings LSU Fans!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CarolinaTiger, Nov 8, 2002.

1. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

Re: Nice job of sucking up, CT

what did i say on WEN?? i predicted and hoped for a UK win and was darn near right!

a victory by UK would've gone a long way toward helping auburn win the west (provided they beat UGA or Bama).

here is a link to the post i guess you're alluding to:

http://www.wareaglenation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=4091&forum=1&start=0

what's wrong w/ what i said there? :confused:

at no time have i represented myself as an LSU fan, nor have i ever indicated that i hoped LSU would beat UK or Bama.

if my 'nicey nicey' talk bothers you because i pull for another team, then there's not too much i can do about that. you would've prefered i come over here and act like a jerk?

ct

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Re: Nice job of sucking up, CT

What got under my skin was the 31-7 chant that you and every other AU fan I've come across seems to pull out of their holster at every opportunity. It was pertinent in the days or even the week following the game. Initially, i thought you were different but while lurking at WEN, I realized you were not. Am I overly sensitive? Perhaps. I apologize to you, however, because you did do it at WEN and not over here. I will take my own advice and thicken up my skin a little.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh I gotta agree, what is wrong with that post. He/She wanted UK to win, do you think I am not going to be screaming LETS GO DOGS all Saturday ????

Carolina is an Auburn fan, of course he/she is going to think and hope LSU loses every game. I am hoping like heck Auburn loses every game. And Tubby gets fired, and someone drops a piano on him when he is leaving his office.

I am sure Carolina does not take that personal, Plus looks the post was about as Accurate as Lee Corso !

Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!

Anyway guys its WEN, they dont take to kind to our folk over there.

Welcome Carolina !, your past is interesting, An Auburn fan attending U of A. Did you have to use the Dont Ask Dont Tell law ??? If someone asked who you were cheering for in the Iron Bowl you just ran away ??

4. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

i rarely start cyber-trash talk...

although there are a couple of bama fans that come onto WEN that are fun to get riled...

my "31-7" mantra was in direct response to Lifer's jibes about our getting to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl and not being able to buy out FSU this time.

what's overly unfortunate for us Aubies is that 31-7 just also happens to be the score bama beat us by last year, and therefore, everytime we use it w/reference to this year's LSU game, we are steathly reminded of the whuppin' we took at JH last year by the tide. :(

ct

5. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

i always told them this: 'Make no mistake about it...I'm pulling for Auburn. If anything, my attending bama has made me more of an auburn fan than before.

like i said before, i told all my classes i was an 'aubie'. the students took it good-naturedly; one of the football players acted disgusted, but he was in the process of failing my class anyway.

speaking of food...TJ Ribs anyone? (i think that's the name of it) i'm thinking of the place that has Shaq's shoe in a showcase. that thing is big enough to ski on....

ct

6. TexasTigers

Actually, you might want to try Ruffino's (Formely Dinardo's) yes it is Italian but it is probably my favorite eaten place at home AND it has great atmosphere.

Of course Mike Andersons is always a good bet...

Did you attend AND teach there or are you an Aubie that was a Prof. ??

7. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

my 2nd time through tuscaloosa, i was working on my ph.d., and was a TA for 3 years. therefore, i taught about 17,000 courses for slave-labor wages while working on my degree.

i now live up here in ACC country and sorely miss SEC football. i have attended 2 SEC games in person, and i watch all i can on TV on saturday nights.

i have grown an affinity for ACC basketball, however...it's really all they have up here :D

ct

8. TexasTigers

Actually, I love where you live, The Carolina's are my favorite places in the US (Next To Louisiana of course). I would love to retire there. You have the whole Southern thing, yet you have 4 seasons. It is wonderful up there. I would love to move back home, but Louisiana is not exactly a hot bed for Web Application Project Managers.

I would like to move to South Carolina one day.

Anyway, welcome to the board. We could always use a PHD around to offset my silly musings.

9. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Speaking of DiNardo....

....did anyone notice that Morris Watts' MSU team beat Dinardo's IU team something like 56-21 this past weekend??

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Re: Speaking of DiNardo....

Yes, I sure did. It gave me a little chuckle.

Hey CT, when going to UA, did you ever pull FOR Alabama? Also, where was the Iron Bowl being played when you went there?