Greetings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RollTideDieFran, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

Welcome to the board rolltidediefran first off. To address the hatred issue. Understand we hate everyone who is next on the schedule. It is not personal and even if some people may say hateful things, when I see Bama playing anyone but LSU I cheer you guys on. Good luck this weekend ......JUST NOT TO MUCH DAMN LUCK!!

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

There are certainly exceptions, but I don't think the majority of LSU fans dislike Bama the way we do with Auburn and Ole Miss (Arky trying to get on list). After making the trip to Tuscaloosa a few years ago, I thought Bama's traditions were vastly overrated but that's just my opinion. Not Bama's fault for that. Maybe I compare everything to an LSU gameday experience and that's not fair.

I also think the sanctions were overly harsh to Bama. Similar to what our men's basketball program endured for the Lester Earl fiasco. The punishment exceeded the crimes.

Although Bama fans may live in the past a little much, most that I've met have been great. I can't stand Bama's basketball coach but he'll be gone soon enough. Fran has made me an Aggie hater and I'm glad he's out of the SEC. The Bama fans were defending him so much last year about the internet hoax incident with Saban and then "guaranteeing" he wouldn't take a step down to be A&M's coach. If anyone can post some of the Tigerforums links, I'd like to get a chuckle one last time. I think it was that guy, Terry, who swore he wasn't leaving. After he did, all the Bama fans mysteriously agreed about the internet hoax and took our side. Common enemies help foes join forces.

3. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

i must say that both schools fans had fault in the internet scandal. not only was it on bamas boards, there were lsu people posting it on this board too. but like i said, hindsight is 20/20, and people mess up, some people are better off dead tho(note coach fran).

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Personally, I don't hate Bama at all and I think any SEC fans (outside of Auburn) who profess hatred for Alabama do so purely out of jealousy.

No LSU fan can deny that you've owned us over the years because, well, you have. Any LSU fan who hates this fact should support the program via TAF or whatever to give the Athletic Department the resources to dominate the next 20 years of LSU-Alabama football instead of being jealous over the results of the last, say, 40 years.

Alabama belongs among the country's elite teams and I look forward to them getting back into contention soon. True champions don't run from challenges, they welcome them, so the harder the SEC is the better, IMO.

5. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

i agree. most teams in the SEC i root for outside of bama, except for Tenn and Aub. it was so hard to listen and see all the crap about AUBURN NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, etc. and the thing about playing tougher teams and welcoming that is how a champ should go about their business. and just as you realiza alabama has been good, alabama fans must realize that LSU IS good. just my thoughts. thanks for the great input