Grimes has to be fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He had four years of eligibility left and ostensibly as much of a chance as the other two to get playing time. But his quote when he left was that LSU had decided to go with a dual-threat quarterback instead of the pro-style offense that he came here to play.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's another multi-million dollar decision LSU and its fickle fan base are living with. Miles likes mobile QBs. I wonder if Rettig asked Lee for advice.

Hopefully Jennings/Harris figure it out sooner rather than later. I actually have a good feeling about the Florida game.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i guess feelings are all we're left with. oh, and a good punter.

GregLSU and LaSalleAve like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

At least he has improved

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nothing more than feelings

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Kind of glad we didn't fire this guy...

As impressive as Fournette was, as Frank Wilson reviewed the Ole Miss game film, he came away raving about another Tiger, senior offensive tackle La'el Collins, who saw plenty of Ole Miss star D-lineman Robert Nkemdiche.

"La'el had a monstrous game. I've only gotten to play No. 24 and I've already counted six pancake blocks,” said Wilson before rattling off a list of former first-round O-linemen he's been around, who he believes weren't anywhere near as complete as the 6-foot-5, 315-pound Collins.

"If La'el Collins is not a top-five draft pick, I'll kiss my own ass," Wilson said.

Cameron, a long-time NFL coach, was almost as effusive when it comes to Collins.

"He was dominant (Saturday) night," said Cameron. "He's improving at such a rapid rate. He's probably half as good right now as he's gonna ultimately be. La'el has the heart of a lion. He's a warrior. His leadership has been as good as I've been around. There are very few guys who you can legitimately say can be dominant tackles or dominant guards. He can. To have that much versatility, that is uncommon."

With Collins paving the way, the Tigers have amassed 26 run plays of at least 10-plus yards a piece just in the past three games -- not bad for an offense starting six players who are either freshmen or sophomores.

Off topic.........

Oh, bama's Cam Robinson will be out for the game, FYI. Foot surgery is what they are saying.

didit, StaceyO and P&G_wheelz007 like this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yep. things have sure changed since UF.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Pissers are saying Nkemdiche was injured on the first drive and, yes, robert, not his brother.

but no matter. still a great performance even if true. and it may be dejavu on the 8th. bamas DL is not a strength supposedly.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he was. they came and helped him off the field.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

They carried Robert's brother off the field, not Robert, I think.