Grimes has to be fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2014.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

and make it look like it was your idea

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

just don't start working at your new gig before your old one "officially" ends... and don't sue your old employer and your new one when you get caught...

cajdav1, TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

27 page thread on firing Jeff Grimes. What a difference a year (and 411 yards rushing against AU) makes.

Brian and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Great idea to bump this thread. We are not in a society of patience anymore. But, it is needed. Have to get the guys who fit your scheme, and then go over it relentlessly. Takes time, and........patience.

ROY_LA_CA and Brian like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

fuck that, if they get mauled by alabama, this thread still stands. thats how fickle sports is. i was making a joke but thats the reality of it. crazy world we live in. reds already talking about benching harris.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What a whining fanboy. I'm going to enjoy the golden age of LSU quarterbacking.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I don't think they will get mauled by Bama this year. I think Grimes is getting his pawns and techniques into place, and the proof of that is coming to fruition. No O-line group under CLM has looked this good. Patience just means 1-2 years, not weeks, months, and certainly not greater than 3-5 years. This thread was created months into Grimes tenure by someone who is known to not have much patience.

Now, patience in CLMs offense wore thin for all of us lately, b/c it seems to be the same stuff year after year for a decade. Finally, after 2 years under Grimes and Cameron, we may be seeing a turning point that we have all been waiting for. Thankfully!

ROY_LA_CA and Brian like this.
  8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Watching the Auburn game I had to laugh at this board, because Cameron was standing up with a play sheet in his hand. I said to myself, look at this Oscar performance from Cameron, like he is really calling plays.

Bengal B and Brian like this.
  9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Fournette is not just mauling people, but he's had going back to the end of last year some really nice lanes opened up for him by the line. You can already see the massive improvement in the technique, explosiveness, and discipline of this line compared to at any point under Stud.

Pocic and Teuhema are on the field and making a difference. And that happened immediately. That wouldn't have been the case with Stud.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well of course he calls plays. he can call any of the 3 les put on the sheet. toss left. toss left or toss left.

furduknfish and LSUMASTERMIND like this.