Guess who ate at the Abita Springs cafe today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

mine too. i wonder if steve will deliver a soft shell poboy to the parade grounds?:D

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

:thumb:

3. stevescookin

Best wishes for a speedy recovery go out to one of my regulars...Al Nastasi.

He's the sideline official from the chain gang who was rushed to the hospital after accidentally being slammed down after Roby collided with him in the Saints game. It looked like his head bounced a foot off the turf during the accident.

He's stable now, but still bleeding inside his cranium...prayers are needed.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Oh my, I didn't know he was hurt that badly. The paper I read didn't give the extent of the injury but Roby has been visiting and keeping an eye on him.

BTW, Steve. I was in Covington/Mandeville over Labor Day for a tennis tourney. Sorry we didn't stop by but I will make a point of it next time we're there. Looking forward to meeting you.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Did you just effin say softshell crab poboys?

I love 'em.

I'm comin up. Maybe on a Sunday (but not this Sunday).

When's a good time, Steve? If I get there and there ain't no softshell crab po-boy, I'm gonna go apeshiit.

6. stevescookin

Sorry CS, no pickle kissin' greenie weenies allowed. :D

7. stevescookin

Just kidding CS....I have a lot of salami smugglin' greenie fans as customers... a couple of them are ex football players (offensive linemen)

Sunday is a great day....bring your bike, the trace is right behind the cafe.

But there's only breakfast on Sundays...I'll fix you a soft shell crab eggs benedict.

English muffins, fried softshell, crabmeat cream sauce, poached egg, hollandaise sauce....fresh Hash Browns...fit for a king.

Call me and let me know when you're coming by.
    (985) 869 3070 cell or (985) 867 9950 cafe.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

OMFG

You'll hear from me, broseph.

9. stevescookin

Last Saturday, while I was away from the Cafe attending the LSU/Bama game, a former LSU defensive back from Covington came in with one of his friends. This guy played from 71-75 and was an All American DB who was drafted by the chargers with the 22nd pick overall. He played nine years in the NFL with the Chargers and one year with the Rams.

He left his phone number at the cafe and I called him back and had a nice conversation with him about the good old days...and the current situation at LSU. I'll try and bring him to one of the TeamKatt/Bell Tower drive tailgates soon.

Red55, you'll probably be one of the few that can figure out that I'm talking about.....Mike Williams !

:tigereye:

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

feel free to bring the

with you.

i drooled on my computer.